Home · Register · Software · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

end

Canon PIXMA PRO-100 Wireless Professional for $80!

Herb
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #1 · p.2 #1 · Canon PIXMA PRO-100 Wireless Professional for $80!

rico wrote:
Printer is out for delivery by Brown just in time for Thanksgiving. I pity my driver because the package weight is 54 lbs. What the hell did Canon use to construct this thing?

The Brown driver will have a two wheel dolly to get it to your door. Now what you do in the house might be a different thing. I used my two wheel dolly to get from front door to my room. It is really heavy. All I can think is they didnít want the chassis flexing.

Nov 23, 2017 at 02:10 AM
rico
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #2 · p.2 #2 · Canon PIXMA PRO-100 Wireless Professional for $80!

Well, that's the best 59 bucks I ever spent. After I put in my paper order tonight, Canon will be happy, too. The Pro-100 may not be archival, or even the best dye printer, but the output looks fab: accurate color, no banding, no visible hue transitions, borderless. I took some macros of select areas and the dithering pattern is subtle. I'm using the included Pro Lustre 13x19 50-pack and will continue with that finish. The Canon driver for macOS gives access to many settings, and no color calibration was needed beyond specifying the Canon paper type. I did have to request the bright settings, otherwise the prints were too dark. This problem has been mentioned by others, and probably means something to printing gurus.

Nov 25, 2017 at 11:22 PM
cwebster
• • • •
p.2 #3 · p.2 #3 · Canon PIXMA PRO-100 Wireless Professional for $80!

I got mine Tuesday. I got it set up today and I'm pleased with the results. So far, I'm just printing on Canon Luster Pro paper, using the supplied profile, from Lightroom. Tomorrow I'll set it up to print on my favorite matt paper, Innova Smooth Cotton.

The control to turn off color management by the driver is indeed three layers deep in the driver menus, but by creating a custom setting it remains turned off.

Tomorrow I'll mail in the rebate paperwork and eventually will have a pro printer and 50 sheets of 13 x 19 paper for about $60 net. Not a bad deal in my opinion.

<Chas>

Dec 01, 2017 at 01:14 AM
lara_ckl
• • •
p.2 #4 · p.2 #4 · Canon PIXMA PRO-100 Wireless Professional for $80!

rico wrote:
I did have to request the bright settings, otherwise the prints were too dark. This problem has been mentioned by others, and probably means something to printing gurus.

Prints too dark often means your monitor is too bright.

Dec 01, 2017 at 01:37 AM
       end

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username     Reset password