Home · Register · Software · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

2       end

Canon PIXMA PRO-100 Wireless Professional for $80!

Fred Miranda
Admin
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Canon PIXMA PRO-100 Wireless Professional for $80!

Canon PIXMA PRO-100 Wireless Professional for $80!
Good Deal Expiring Tomorrow!

Canon PIXMA PRO-100 Wireless Professional Inkjet Photo Printer
Special Pricing at $329 plus Free Canon Photo Paper Pro Luster (13 x 19", 50 Sheets) AND a $250 mail in Rebate.

($79 after mail-In Rebate!)

The rebate offer is good until 12-31 but the special pricing of $329 ends 11/16/17 at 11:59 PM

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/893738-REG/Canon_6228b002_Pixma_Pro_100_Photo_Inkjet.html

Nov 16, 2017 at 03:38 AM
Blakehfreeman
• • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Canon PIXMA PRO-100 Wireless Professional for $80!

Worst printer I've ever owned! I'm basically giving mine away locally as too much $$ to ship.

Nov 16, 2017 at 06:14 AM
billsamuels
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Canon PIXMA PRO-100 Wireless Professional for $80!

I've had mine for a couple of years and it's been a terrific printer.

Edited on Nov 17, 2017 at 04:00 AM · View previous versions

Nov 16, 2017 at 07:24 AM
travelair

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Canon PIXMA PRO-100 Wireless Professional for $80!

I've had decent luck with mine, although is swills ink like dragster burns fuel. And, the 8-ink refill kit, which is the cheapest way to feed it, is ~$125, on discount.

Finally, the Canon driver sucks. Going between having color managed by the (1) printer driver, (2) ICC profile, through the printer driver, or (3) turned off, such that color is managed by PS, or other outside application, is hidden 3 layers deep. Plus, it wants to use 35mm borders when using art paper. Yes, I know the reason for this, but if the paper is reasonably flat, it should be my option to risk smaller borders.

Despite a properly calibrated monitor, mine has also always printed dark, regardless of how I handle the actual printer color management. Going into the manual settings, and setting it to "Light", with Intensity +2 and Contrast +2, works well.

Nov 16, 2017 at 02:21 PM
Mathieu18
• • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Canon PIXMA PRO-100 Wireless Professional for $80!

For whatever reason it's down to $309 now, so net of $59.99. Which actually makes this the cheapest way to buy an 8 pack of ink! (keep the paper, toss the printer!)

I've had reasonable luck with mine as well, except it randomly doesn't want to feed paper from either tray. At this price I may just buy another...

travelair wrote:
I've had decent luck with mine, although is swills ink like dragster burns fuel. And, the 8-ink refill kit, which is the cheapest way to feed it, is ~$125, on discount.

Finally, the Canon driver sucks. Going between having color managed by the (1) printer driver, (2) ICC profile, through the printer driver, or (3) turned off, such that color is managed by PS, or other outside application, is hidden 3 layers deep. Plus, it wants to use 35mm borders when using art paper. Yes, I know the reason for this, but if the paper is reasonably flat, it should
...Show more

Nov 16, 2017 at 02:43 PM
CMYK Designs
• •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Canon PIXMA PRO-100 Wireless Professional for $80!

At a net price of $60, I'll just toss it in the street if it doesn't work! Paper and the ink are worth that alone!

Nov 16, 2017 at 03:19 PM
Blakehfreeman
• • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Canon PIXMA PRO-100 Wireless Professional for $80!

I've been mailed two replacements and finally gave up. The printer has a clogging issue and in order to "clean the head" this printer drinks ink. Yes I know how to print, and I've never had this issue with any of the Epsons I've used. Streaky prints drive me nuts.

Canon service was AMAZING! They mailed me parts and two replacement printers. The second replacement worked great for a month and started streaking again. Others must have better luck or higher tolerance for images with faint lines through them.

Nov 16, 2017 at 06:13 PM
travelair

p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Canon PIXMA PRO-100 Wireless Professional for $80!

Not doubting your experience at all. I've only had a couple minor clog issues, but only after not printing for a couple months. At worst, 3 cleaning cycles, which does drink the ink. Have had similar issues with Epsons too.

I note that you are in CA, which I can only imagine is a great deal less humid than the Ohio River Valley. Curious if that is a factor.

Regardless, all photo inkjet printers can be expensive pains-in-the-backsides. Best practice is to light it up at least once a week, and at least print a nozzle test on some plain paper.

Nov 16, 2017 at 06:30 PM
gwaww
• • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Canon PIXMA PRO-100 Wireless Professional for $80!

The Ad info says it comes with setup ink tanks. Even though I have one, and have not had any trouble with it, if it came with full size ink tanks I would buy it.

Nov 16, 2017 at 06:34 PM
cwebster
• • • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Canon PIXMA PRO-100 Wireless Professional for $80!

According to the answers posted to that question on B&H web site, it comes with full ink tanks

Nov 16, 2017 at 06:41 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

Mathieu18
• • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Canon PIXMA PRO-100 Wireless Professional for $80!

gwaww wrote:
The Ad info says it comes with setup ink tanks. Even though I have one, and have not had any trouble with it, if it came with full size ink tanks I would buy it.

Like CWebster said my understanding and experience suggests the Pro printers come with full tanks, but understandably don't advertise that way... I'm just trying to think what else I need that I'd buy with their $250 gift card they send.

Nov 16, 2017 at 09:22 PM
Herb
• • • •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · Canon PIXMA PRO-100 Wireless Professional for $80!

Mathieu18 wrote:
Like CWebster said my understanding and experience suggests the Pro printers come with full tanks, but understandably don't advertise that way... I'm just trying to think what else I need that I'd buy with their $250 gift card they send.

I went ahead and bought it...figuring the ink tanks and print head alone was worth the investment. As far as the $250 debit card, last time I had a $350 debit card from Canon I used for paying for our eating out food....worked great! I plan to do that again with it. You can use it for gas, but you have to go inside and pay, cant pay at the pump with it.

Nov 16, 2017 at 10:42 PM
gchappel

p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · Canon PIXMA PRO-100 Wireless Professional for $80!

I have printed thousands of prints through my pro-100.
Like many, I refill inks using precision color.
About 2 years ago Canon had a sale on their paper- buy 1, get 9 free.
Yup, decent papers for a small printer.
I would never sell one of these prints- as with the refilled ink I am not sure of longevity. But for test prints and give aways- it has been great.
I will confess- I did ruin one printer as I was learning to refill. The cartridge did not seal properly and leaked throughout the inside of the printer.
No big deal- I had ordered 2 at a similar sale price.
Just ordered another- you can't beat it.
Gary

Nov 16, 2017 at 11:32 PM
rico
• • • • •
p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · Canon PIXMA PRO-100 Wireless Professional for $80!

Looks like I just bought my first photo printer. Thanks, Fred!

Nov 17, 2017 at 12:27 AM
billsamuels
• • •
p.1 #15 · p.1 #15 · Canon PIXMA PRO-100 Wireless Professional for $80!

gchappel wrote:
I have printed thousands of prints through my pro-100.
Like many, I refill inks using precision color.
About 2 years ago Canon had a sale on their paper- buy 1, get 9 free.
Yup, decent papers for a small printer.
I would never sell one of these prints- as with the refilled ink I am not sure of longevity. But for test prints and give aways- it has been great.
I will confess- I did ruin one printer as I was learning to refill. The cartridge did not seal properly and leaked throughout the inside of the printer.
No big deal- I had ordered
...Show more

Gary,
The fact that you ruined your printer from refilling it makes me a bit concerned because even though I've owned my printer for a couple of years, I am finally going to have to either buy a whole set of new ink cartridges or buy a refill kit. I have always planned on refilling them myself, but I was surprised that the existing "starter" kit of cartridges lasted 2 years. I don't use it a whole lot as I have a chromatic laser printer for most everything that's not color, and I have an older Canon photo printer for light-weight printing, but when I do the serious stuff for the walls or for family, I use the Pro-100 because you can really tell the difference.

I'm thinking that given that the last set of cartridges which were starters, lasted 2 years, maybe I'm just a lot better off buying the cartridges as I need them rather than dealing with a whole refill kit and taking a chance that I could refill my printer to death.

What do you think?
Bill

Nov 17, 2017 at 04:10 AM
lara_ckl
• • •
p.1 #16 · p.1 #16 · Canon PIXMA PRO-100 Wireless Professional for $80!

billsamuels wrote:
I'm thinking that given that the last set of cartridges which were starters, lasted 2 years, maybe I'm just a lot better off buying the cartridges as I need them rather than dealing with a whole refill kit and taking a chance that I could refill my printer to death.

Given that your initial set of OEM inks lasted you 2 years, why mess with refilling? While not brain surgery, refilling is not a trivial process either. The Precision Color Standard refill kit will cost you $95 ($87+shipping) while an OEM set of ink will cost you $125. $30 savings over 2 years, $155 over 4 years, $280 over 6 years. Is it worth it?

Nov 17, 2017 at 01:09 PM
Nick Birkett

p.1 #17 · p.1 #17 · Canon PIXMA PRO-100 Wireless Professional for $80!

Fred Miranda wrote:
Canon PIXMA PRO-100 Wireless Professional Inkjet Photo Printer
Special Pricing at $329 plus Free Canon Photo Paper Pro Luster (13 x 19", 50 Sheets) AND a $250 mail in Rebate.

($79 after mail-In Rebate!)

The rebate offer is good until 12-31 but the special pricing of $329 ends 11/16/17 at 11:59 PM

Is the rebate only valid for addresses in the USA? I live in Canada and we often run into issues with mail-in rebates posted at B&H not being valid here

Nov 17, 2017 at 04:04 PM
gchappel

p.1 #18 · p.1 #18 · Canon PIXMA PRO-100 Wireless Professional for $80!

billsamuels wrote:
Gary,
The fact that you ruined your printer from refilling it makes me a bit concerned because even though I've owned my printer for a couple of years, I am finally going to have to either buy a whole set of new ink cartridges or buy a refill kit. I have always planned on refilling them myself, but I was surprised that the existing "starter" kit of cartridges lasted 2 years. I don't use it a whole lot as I have a chromatic laser printer for most everything that's not color, and I have an older Canon photo printer for light-weight
...Show more

If you only need new cartridges every 2 years, refilling is not worth it.
I refill at least once a month. Sometimes more. I print a lot with this.
I was in a hurry and got careless when I did not completely check the seal on the cartridge. My bad. Nothing wrong with the system or with refilling. I did prove it is possible to mess up if you are not careful- but it was dumb.
Gary

Nov 17, 2017 at 04:46 PM
Herb
• • • •
p.1 #19 · p.1 #19 · Canon PIXMA PRO-100 Wireless Professional for $80!

Nick Birkett wrote:
Is the rebate only valid for addresses in the USA? I live in Canada and we often run into issues with mail-in rebates posted at B&H not being valid here

Go to the B&H site, search for this printer and there is a link to the rebate form. You can read it and see.

Nov 17, 2017 at 05:37 PM
rico
• • • • •
p.1 #20 · p.1 #20 · Canon PIXMA PRO-100 Wireless Professional for $80!

Printer is out for delivery by Brown just in time for Thanksgiving. I pity my driver because the package weight is 54 lbs. What the hell did Canon use to construct this thing?

Nov 22, 2017 at 05:47 PM
       2       end

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

2       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username     Reset password