New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Photo Critique | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2017 · Unusual Fall Colors

Camperjim
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Unusual Fall Colors

This is a grove of aspen trees at close to 10000 ft elevation that I shot on Boulder Mt, Utah, over a month ago.

For those of you who are not familiar with this tree, they are called quaking aspens because the leaves flutter constantly in the lightest breeze. It is difficult to freeze the action and capture an image without a blur of leaves and, in this case, a blur of Fall colors. As always DOF can be an issue when shooting a forest. I am not sure if this will show well as a downsized image, but printed large, all the leaves, thousands of them, are clear and distinct. There is no hint of motion blurring or any focus/DOF issue.

This may not be the most beautiful image of Fall colors, but it is unusual.

Boulder Mountain 2017

Nov 15, 2017 at 01:04 PM
lighthound
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Unusual Fall Colors

I'm not sure I could dislike any images with these trees in them. I simply love these trees and you captured them well. Colors look natural and not overcooked like I tend to do way to often.

I had never really thought about it before but now that you have mentioned it, I do recall seeing the leaves always moving on all the trees I had seen when I was out west many moons ago. You learn something new everyday!

Dave

Nov 15, 2017 at 04:26 PM
Rick Joyce
• • • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Unusual Fall Colors

A beautiful assemblage of high level aspen tints and tones. Here we call them "trembling" aspens.

Nov 15, 2017 at 07:11 PM
Camperjim
• • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Unusual Fall Colors

Dave, Rick,
thanks for the comments.

Nov 16, 2017 at 07:53 PM

FM Forums | Photo Critique | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.