1       2       3              7      
       9              11       12       end

7Artisans 50mm f/1.1 in Leica M Mount

elizabeth77
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.8 #1 · p.8 #1 · 7Artisans 50mm f/1.1 in Leica M Mount

Fred Miranda wrote:
Let us know how good AF is with this lens + TAP on the A7R3.

Based on one day of testing, this lens plus TAP is actually focusing much better on my a7riii than on the a9. The a9 would hiccup occasionally; the a7riii is "like butter" - but it's one day, the freezing cold is making it hard to shoot a lot, and as always YMMV

Dec 31, 2017 at 01:21 AM
rsrsrs
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.8 #2 · p.8 #2 · 7Artisans 50mm f/1.1 in Leica M Mount

What is the mfd with tap at 0.7 andor infinity at the lens?
Btw, great pictures!

Dec 31, 2017 at 09:54 AM
virtualrain
• • •
p.8 #3 · p.8 #3 · 7Artisans 50mm f/1.1 in Leica M Mount

elizabeth77 wrote:
Based on one day of testing, this lens plus TAP is actually focusing much better on my a7riii than on the a9. The a9 would hiccup occasionally; the a7riii is "like butter" - but it's one day, the freezing cold is making it hard to shoot a lot, and as always YMMV

Interesting... what mode? AF-C results in near continuous pumping on my A7RIII with this combo.

Dec 31, 2017 at 01:34 PM
JohnDizzo15
• •
p.8 #4 · p.8 #4 · 7Artisans 50mm f/1.1 in Leica M Mount

elizabeth77 wrote:

Really awesome to hear! Hoping to hear more about your findings in the r3 as it may convince me to pick one up just for the TAP. Lol.
---------------------------------------------

rsrsrs wrote:
What is the mfd with tap at 0.7 andor infinity at the lens?
Btw, great pictures!

I havenít done actual measurements so canít say for sure what MFD is. It isnít notably close or egregiously far so I havenít paid much attention to it.

Thanks for the kind words - from all who have posted samples.

Dec 31, 2017 at 05:35 PM
JohnDizzo15
• •
p.8 #5 · p.8 #5 · 7Artisans 50mm f/1.1 in Leica M Mount

@elizabeth77 - any further impressions or findings with the TAP + 7A performance on the R3? Debating whether to give it a try myself but don't want to if it behaves similarly to the A9.

Jan 02, 2018 at 05:50 PM
xwing15
• • • •
p.8 #6 · p.8 #6 · 7Artisans 50mm f/1.1 in Leica M Mount

My experience with the TAP + A7RIII for 4 weeks. Stop using the TAP with the 7Artisans. Hope for an update. No matter what AF setting. It works, then not again. Too annoying for me. Use only a manual adapter.

Jan 02, 2018 at 06:53 PM
asekcsc5

p.8 #7 · p.8 #7 · 7Artisans 50mm f/1.1 in Leica M Mount

Does anyone know how the 7Artisans lens compares with the SLR Magic 50mm f1.1 that comes with a
Sony FE mount?

thanks
christos

Jan 03, 2018 at 01:17 AM
elizabeth77
• •
p.8 #8 · p.8 #8 · 7Artisans 50mm f/1.1 in Leica M Mount

JohnDizzo15 wrote:
@elizabeth77@ - any further impressions or findings with the TAP + 7A performance on the R3? Debating whether to give it a try myself but don't want to if it behaves similarly to the A9.

It's been bitterly cold and we've been moving so I played a bit with it in the house. Wide-open, it's fine in AF-S as long as the focusing distance is accurate. I need to do a proper test between riii and a9 but for now save your pennies, this could be my TAP or user error Once we are unpacked I'll put it all through its paces.

Jan 03, 2018 at 12:28 PM
BJNY

p.8 #9 · p.8 #9 · 7Artisans 50mm f/1.1 in Leica M Mount

What is the likelihood of longer ~ 85mm fast lens from 7Artisans?

Jan 03, 2018 at 01:59 PM
JohnDizzo15
• •
p.8 #10 · p.8 #10 · 7Artisans 50mm f/1.1 in Leica M Mount

xwing15 wrote:
My experience with the TAP + A7RIII for 4 weeks. Stop using the TAP with the 7Artisans. Hope for an update. No matter what AF setting. It works, then not again. Too annoying for me. Use only a manual adapter.

Sorry to hear that it is not working out for you. I hope it gets improved moving forward. How do you like the lens with regard to the images you're getting out of it?

asekcsc5 wrote:
Does anyone know how the 7Artisans lens compares with the SLR Magic 50mm f1.1 that comes with a
Sony FE mount?

thanks
christos

I personally haven't done a whole lot of research on that particular lens as it doesn't really offer me anything over some of the other options in the system. From briefly looking over the lens on BH and Adorama, I would imagine it will not be far off from the 7A in sharpness as it is another dreamy/glowy lens wide open according to the reviews. The only question I would have is what overall rendering is like in various scenarios. If you are in the market for a Cine-type lens, the SLR Magic looks like it could be a decent option (also happens to be on sale for $279 at Adorama currently).

The 7A comes in M mount which was intriguing to me due to the existence of the TAP. As far as going fully manual goes, I already have stuff like the Mitakon that I would more than likely prefer over the SLR Magic lens.

elizabeth77 wrote:
It's been bitterly cold and we've been moving so I played a bit with it in the house. Wide-open, it's fine in AF-S as long as the focusing distance is accurate. I need to do a proper test between riii and a9 but for now save your pennies, this could be my TAP or user error Once we are unpacked I'll put it all through its paces.

Ahh. I will continue to hold off and wait for your findings then. Thanks in advance!

BJNY wrote:
What is the likelihood of longer ~ 85mm fast lens from 7Artisans?

Not really sure as I haven't seen any rumors pop up about them doing so. The only rumblings I've heard out of 7A in recent weeks has been with their release of a couple of APSC lenses in the 35/1.2 and 12/2.8.

Not sure if I would be as intrigued with an 85 though since it would more than likely exceed the weight support limit of the TAP. If anyone ever comes out with a heavier duty version of the TAP, I would be all about it as I still have my helios 40-2 (85/1.5) that I'd like to play with in AF. lol.

Jan 03, 2018 at 04:10 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

xwing15
• • • •
p.8 #11 · p.8 #11 · 7Artisans 50mm f/1.1 in Leica M Mount

John. I love the 'error, imperfect output' produced by the lens. My pictures are in the Sony FE Tread. To start with, I made the 'mistake' to shoot with full aperture (1.1 - 2.0). Now that I've found that the lens is also at 5.6 - 8.0 wonderful and special. Think a update will come for the TAP. To me the speed is not particularly important. But the state, work, not work, is to me annoying. Therefore, the return on the VC adapter. Amazingly works the lens will be better on the A7 than on the leica M240.

@ Christos. I had the SLR 50 1.1. I sold it quickly. No comparison to the 7artisans. To me, the SLR has not fallen. Only the size was great.

Jan 03, 2018 at 06:26 PM
Etherton
• • •
p.8 #12 · p.8 #12 · 7Artisans 50mm f/1.1 in Leica M Mount

Sorry, what is a TAP? TechArt Pro? Got a link to the one(s) you are using?

Thanks

Jan 03, 2018 at 07:49 PM
JohnDizzo15
• •
p.8 #13 · p.8 #13 · 7Artisans 50mm f/1.1 in Leica M Mount

Etherton wrote:
Sorry, what is a TAP? TechArt Pro? Got a link to the one(s) you are using?

Thanks

Yup. Techart Pro.

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1233758-REG/techart_pro_talmea7_leica_m_lens_to.html

This particular one has been on sale for $249 a couple of times in the last few months.

Jan 03, 2018 at 08:05 PM
JohnDizzo15
• •
p.8 #14 · p.8 #14 · 7Artisans 50mm f/1.1 in Leica M Mount

xwing15 wrote:
John. I love the 'error, imperfect output' produced by the lens. My pictures are in the Sony FE Tread. To start with, I made the 'mistake' to shoot with full aperture (1.1 - 2.0). Now that I've found that the lens is also at 5.6 - 8.0 wonderful and special. Think a update will come for the TAP. To me the speed is not particularly important. But the state, work, not work, is to me annoying. Therefore, the return on the VC adapter. Amazingly works the lens will be better on the A7 than on the leica M240.

@ Christos. I
...Show more
Any chance we could see some of your shots with it stopped down?

Jan 04, 2018 at 11:11 PM
rji2goleez
• • • • •
p.8 #15 · p.8 #15 · 7Artisans 50mm f/1.1 in Leica M Mount

OK, I was too curious about this lens. My copy just arrived. Threw it on the TAP and A7rIII and used my favorite model Nora . . . and some fake limes both wide open at f/1.1. Interestingly nice lens. Much more exploration needed . . .

Jan 06, 2018 at 12:54 AM
virtualrain
• • •
p.8 #16 · p.8 #16 · 7Artisans 50mm f/1.1 in Leica M Mount

Anyone have a chance to try the new TAP V6 firmware with this lens on the A7RIII?

Jan 06, 2018 at 05:40 AM
JohnDizzo15
• •
p.8 #17 · p.8 #17 · 7Artisans 50mm f/1.1 in Leica M Mount

rji2goleez wrote:
OK, I was too curious about this lens. My copy just arrived. Threw it on the TAP and A7rIII and used my favorite model Nora . . . and some fake limes both wide open at f/1.1. Interestingly nice lens. Much more exploration needed . . .

Welcome to the club!! Beautiful shots! Looking forward to seeing more. Looking nice and sharp at 1.1.

Any other notable initial thoughts?

virtualrain wrote:
Anyone have a chance to try the new TAP V6 firmware with this lens on the A7RIII?

V6? Didnít realize it was out. Will have to connect and check for update.

Edit - just took a look over at the techart faq thread and saw the info! Update done. Stuck in hotel room trying to get kids to sleep at the moment though. Initial few snaps seems pretty solid though. Still canít focus outside of the central region with the 7A but the center seems to be much more sure and accurate.

Jan 06, 2018 at 06:58 AM
xwing15
• • • •
p.8 #18 · p.8 #18 · 7Artisans 50mm f/1.1 in Leica M Mount

JohnDizzo15 wrote:
Any chance we could see some of your shots with it stopped down?

Examples: crosspost Sony FE Tread. Dimmed to Aperture 5.6 - 8. The corners never get really sharp. no problem. Now with the new firmware update. the AF also works satisfactorily with the TAP and A7R III. will use it again.

Renť

Jan 06, 2018 at 11:13 AM
realVivek
• •
p.8 #19 · p.8 #19 · 7Artisans 50mm f/1.1 in Leica M Mount

http://www.imx.nl/photo/blog/files/8482d7cd2a98a633910c47415b8d35ff-92.html

Jan 06, 2018 at 03:31 PM
JohnDizzo15
• •
p.8 #20 · p.8 #20 · 7Artisans 50mm f/1.1 in Leica M Mount

@xwing15 - awesome shots! Looks great at those apertures. Glad to hear the rig is behaving better with the update to the TAP. I didnít realize an update was even out until about 11pm last night. Lol. Installed but waiting to get some actual shooting done today at the amusement park and hotel.

@realVivek - nice! Thanks for the link. Some good info in there I was curious about. Hopefully the user base and interest grows moving forward. I really do love this little lens.

Jan 06, 2018 at 04:24 PM

FM Forums | Sony Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username     Reset password