Landscape Posting Guidelines

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

2       end

Zion Tube (+1)

dbehrens
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Zion Tube (+1)

Okay - it's the Subway. I wasn't going to post these as there are so many Subway shots - but then again after that miserable hike in/out I decided to post. So I tried to pick 3 not so common views.

Hope you enjoy!
Dave

Edited on Nov 16, 2017 at 03:44 PM · View previous versions

Nov 11, 2017 at 04:53 PM
junglialoh
• • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Zion Tube (+1)

it bring us another exotic world Nice!

Nov 11, 2017 at 05:17 PM
Fred Amico
• • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Zion Tube (+1)

Well, sure, there are a lot of subway pictures posted, but I never get tired of seeing them. Nice ones, Dave - thanks for sharing.

Nov 11, 2017 at 06:06 PM
JR Photo
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Zion Tube (+1)

Anyone that subjects themselves to this tortures journey has earned the right to post anything this happen to appeal to me. Great images number one sweet light and elements.

J. R.

Nov 11, 2017 at 07:59 PM
Harold Carlson
• • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Zion Tube (+1)

Enjoyed them! Thanks for posting.

Nov 11, 2017 at 08:22 PM
WiseTioga
• •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Zion Tube (+1)

They are quite well done images.
Even though there have been many, many images posted, it's always good to see a different take and one never knows what insights one can gain from another photographers experience and skill.
As JR Photo said having made the journey you have earned the right.
I enjoyed them. Thank you for posting . Hope that you enjoyed the experience.

Nov 11, 2017 at 08:30 PM
rw11
• • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Zion Tube (+1)

nice!

did you use a remote flash?

Nov 11, 2017 at 09:37 PM
Don George
• • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Zion Tube (+1)

Glad you decided to post. Beautiful images.

Nov 11, 2017 at 09:49 PM
dbehrens
• • • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Zion Tube (+1)

Thanks for the comments. I can tell, or maybe better put I can feel, everyone's pain that have taken this hike. For those contemplating hiking this my advice is to wade in the creek as much as possible because the going up/down/around boulders gets old quick! But between Archangel Cascades and The Subway and in the right light this a special and magical experience.

rw11 - you were asking if I used a remote flash. I'm guessing you are referring to the glow on the entrance walls. This is the famous Subway Glow. For us, late October, it was a late morning phenomena where the sun hitting the far walls of the canyon just outside the Subway reflects back a warm glow of light into the entrance of the canyon. DON'T make this hike without being there for the glow!

Dave

junglialoh wrote:
it bring us another exotic world Nice!

---------------------------------------------

Fred Amico wrote:
Well, sure, there are a lot of subway pictures posted, but I never get tired of seeing them. Nice ones, Dave - thanks for sharing.

JR Photo wrote:
Anyone that subjects themselves to this tortures journey has earned the right to post anything this happen to appeal to me. Great images number one sweet light and elements.

J. R.

rw11 wrote:
nice!

did you use a remote flash?

Don George wrote:
Glad you decided to post. Beautiful images.

Nov 12, 2017 at 05:59 AM
mabidally
• • • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Zion Tube (+1)

These are marvelous, absolutely love them all.

Nov 12, 2017 at 10:52 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

psharvic
• • • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Zion Tube (+1)

Nice work on these, Dave. There are often photographed places that are so beautiful I may never get tired of seeing them.

Nov 12, 2017 at 11:31 AM
erielake
• •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · Zion Tube (+1)

great shots and post work......didn't have time for it this past trip but i actually love that canyon and hike....except for the climb out of course.....

Nov 12, 2017 at 12:56 PM
gordon l
• • • •
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · Zion Tube (+1)

Hi Dave,
Yes we've seen the Subway before . . . sometime done quite badly. So we all have a reference as to what potential this location has.
That being said, your shots are outstanding. They evoke the true experience of being there and enjoying the amazing light and colors and sounds even. So it's great to see these and enjoy a beautiful corner of the world!

Gordon

Nov 12, 2017 at 02:02 PM
tmiller9
• •
p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · Zion Tube (+1)

A miserable hike? Whatever could you be suggesting? While MY pain has subsided - I still have the lingering reminder of a big toe that is still glowing from ramming it into those boulders! Enough about me.....

I like all three of these Dave - great job in bringing some originality. I'm particular to #2. I think the uniqueness of the comp brings a wonderful feel to what is a magical place.

Wanna go again next year?

Todd

Nov 12, 2017 at 03:42 PM
jswell

p.1 #15 · p.1 #15 · Zion Tube (+1)

Really nice. I was there very recently as well and it truly is a magically place. A person could spend days there and not get tired of the light and geology. I enjoy seeing the gold/yellow in yours as contrast to my own with more green/blue.

I came in from the upper Subway with my wife and friends. That requires a few rappels and swimming, but way more fun than hiking down and out the same trail. That takes some major dedication!

Nov 12, 2017 at 05:15 PM
Mark Metternich
• • • • •
p.1 #16 · p.1 #16 · Zion Tube (+1)

Love your unique perspectives here Dave. Sweet shots! Congrats!

Nov 13, 2017 at 12:50 AM
dbehrens
• • • •
p.1 #17 · p.1 #17 · Zion Tube (+1)

Once again thanks for all your comments and encouragement. Greatly appreciated!!

Gordon - I really think your comments capture my feelings of visiting this very special place. The geographic features, amazing colors, wilderness sounds and remoteness really uplifts the spirit.

jswell - I really admire you guys that take the more technical route and would love to see more pictures from that perspective.

Todd? You want to go next year? Let me lick my wounds a little more before answering that question!

Dave

mabidally wrote:
These are marvelous, absolutely love them all.

psharvic wrote:
Nice work on these, Dave. There are often photographed places that are so beautiful I may never get tired of seeing them.

erielake wrote:
great shots and post work......didn't have time for it this past trip but i actually love that canyon and hike....except for the climb out of course.....

gordon l wrote:
Hi Dave,
Yes we've seen the Subway before . . . sometime done quite badly. So we all have a reference as to what potential this location has.
That being said, your shots are outstanding. They evoke the true experience of being there and enjoying the amazing light and colors and sounds even. So it's great to see these and enjoy a beautiful corner of the world!

Gordon

tmiller9 wrote:
A miserable hike? Whatever could you be suggesting? While MY pain has subsided - I still have the lingering reminder of a big toe that is still glowing from ramming it into those boulders! Enough about me.....

I like all three of these Dave - great job in bringing some originality. I'm particular to #2. I think the uniqueness of the comp brings a wonderful feel to what is a magical place.

Wanna go again next year?

Todd

jswell wrote:
Really nice. I was there very recently as well and it truly is a magically place. A person could spend days there and not get tired of the light and geology. I enjoy seeing the gold/yellow in yours as contrast to my own with more green/blue.

I came in from the upper Subway with my wife and friends. That requires a few rappels and swimming, but way more fun than hiking down and out the same trail. That takes some major dedication!

Mark Metternich wrote:
Love your unique perspectives here Dave. Sweet shots! Congrats!

Nov 13, 2017 at 07:49 PM
bobbytan
• • • • • •
p.1 #18 · p.1 #18 · Zion Tube (+1)

Lovely set, Dave! Been wanting to go there but I'm worried about the 6.5 mile hike to that place - might be a little too strenuous for an old and unfit man like me.

Nov 13, 2017 at 07:54 PM
keepclicking

p.1 #19 · p.1 #19 · Zion Tube (+1)

Dave, these are just gorgeous! Nice set and thanks for sharing.

Nov 13, 2017 at 10:18 PM
quickking
• •
p.1 #20 · p.1 #20 · Zion Tube (+1)

These are some of the best I've seen of the Subway. I particularly like the first showing the "upper level" and the light on the small waterfalls...Kevin

Nov 14, 2017 at 02:54 PM
       2       end

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

2       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username     Reset password