Home · Register · Software · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

  New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist
  

FM Forums | Black & White Vision | Join Upload & Sell

  

Smithy
  
 
Bob Jarman
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Smithy


Colonial blacksmith, re-enactor, away from his forge...


Thanks for looking,

Bob









Nov 11, 2017 at 12:24 AM
billsamuels
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Smithy


Very nice photograph, Bob. What lens did you use, very sharp!


Nov 14, 2017 at 12:00 AM
Bob Jarman
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Smithy


billsamuels wrote:
Very nice photograph, Bob. What lens did you use, very sharp!


Thanks Bill,

Fujifilm X-Pro2 WR 50mm 1/320 sec, f/2.0 ISO400

Nice lens, compact and not nearly as heavy as the XF56mm

Bob



Nov 14, 2017 at 12:51 PM
billsamuels
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Smithy


Bob Jarman wrote:
Thanks Bill,

Fujifilm X-Pro2 WR 50mm 1/320 sec, f/2.0 ISO400

Nice lens, compact and not nearly as heavy as the XF56mm

Bob


Bob,
I just looked up the specs for that camera and it's a pretty nice setup. I would really like to go Medium Format one day in the next couple of years and Fujifilm has really made it affordable with their new M-F camera. While the Pentax 645 isn't horribly expensive relative to the Hasselblad's or the Mamiya's (I had a M-F film Mamiya and I really didn't like it), the Fuijifilm M-F is very affordable, just at the high-end of a flagship Canon.

Even though the X-Pro2 has an APS-C sensor, it doesn't have an AA-filter. I didn't realize just how much the AA filter blurs everything until I had the filter removed about a year ago in my Canon EOS 6D. Now it's sharper than my Canon EOS 5DS-R which kind of doesn't have an AA filter. For landscapes, if I have to crop anything, the 6D's photo looses resolution very quickly, whereas the 50MP 5DS-R photo you can crop forever.

You have me thinking more about getting a Fujifilm camera!

Be well,
Bill



Nov 14, 2017 at 08:23 PM
Bob Jarman
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Smithy


billsamuels wrote:
Bob,
I just looked up the specs for that camera and it's a pretty nice setup. I would really like to go Medium Format one day in the next couple of years and Fujifilm has really made it affordable with their new M-F camera. While the Pentax 645 isn't horribly expensive relative to the Hasselblad's or the Mamiya's (I had a M-F film Mamiya and I really didn't like it), the Fuijifilm M-F is very affordable, just at the high-end of a flagship Canon.

Even though the X-Pro2 has an APS-C sensor, it doesn't have an AA-filter. I didn't realize just
...Show more

PM'd you,

Bob



Nov 14, 2017 at 09:25 PM







FM Forums | Black & White Vision | Join Upload & Sell

    
 

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username     Reset password