Really like the processing including the negative vignette
One odd kind of nit: I don’t think folks had super white teeth back then

Scott

Nov 13, 2017 at 07:54 PM
RustyBug
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · beauty in the

Nor "Big Smiles" (exposure times were typically too long to hold big smiles still that long).

I might look to crop the left side a smidge. The negative space might be reduced to shift the balance a bit.

Otherwise, I'm with Scott.

Nov 13, 2017 at 10:07 PM
R.H. Johnson
• • • •
[X]
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · beauty in the

lol. you know i stretched the canvas on the left to give that clearance after cloning out the gentleman's shoulder on the left. color picking the background filling the new canvas width then air brushing the seam. that's funny oh boy. all that work to create that space and you want me to crop it back out. lol oh boy. the processing is PS CS6 Nik select tool silver efex pro 2 black and white preset 036 antique plate 2. i chose that preset because of the ruffles in the her blouse. i agree some of that left should be cropped. or recenter her to create equal space left right. unfortunately i have to rebuild this from the ground up starting all over. because of the way i copied and cropped from the original. so it will take some time to rebuild it. if you look very close at the low left you can see remnants of the shoulder. this was prior to export to photo from DxO.

DxO has a terrible semi clone tool it is horrible. great for skin blemishes acne discoloration scaring simply awesome but true cloning no. had to export to PS for cloning. if DxO which i am still learning has a cloning tool my ears are open. i'm listening!

easier just to crop it.

https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4506/37840374286_3c34ad2c30_h.jpg

cropped starting point.

Nov 14, 2017 at 12:43 AM
OntheRez
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · beauty in the

Nice treatment. Have to try this sometime. I am puzzled by the Wild Wild West title. Close to absolutely sure that back in that West, women were not wearing huge hoop earrings. At least I've never seen such a thing in numerous old pix I have.

Still nice job.

Nov 14, 2017 at 11:12 AM
R.H. Johnson
• • • •
[X]
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · beauty in the

true. named it that way because the shoot was on Rodeo Dr., Beverly Hills, Ca. sometimes we call LA the wild wild west.

Nov 14, 2017 at 11:42 AM

FM Forums | Photo Critique | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.