New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Fuji Forum | Join Upload & Sell

X-T2 Highlight Clipping Indicator

Greg Feldman
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · X-T2 Highlight Clipping Indicator

Is there a way (1) to set my X-T2 to show blinking clipped highlights in real time in the VF and/or set it to automatically display the captured image on the back with blinking clipped highlights after pressing the shutter?

Nov 10, 2017 at 08:59 PM
Rand47
• •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · X-T2 Highlight Clipping Indicator

No, not real time (unfortunately). But, when reviewing captured files, you can rotate to a blinking clipping indicaotor with the “display/back” button. Unfortunately is is a very small image, as that setting also displays complete shot information on the screen.

Rand

Nov 11, 2017 at 04:55 AM
killersnowman
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · X-T2 Highlight Clipping Indicator

This is something i really miss from shooting sony. The live zebra was soooo helpful for exposing to the right with out clipping.

Nov 11, 2017 at 05:09 AM
gdanmitchell
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · X-T2 Highlight Clipping Indicator

Doesn't "zebra" usually refer to a focus indication?

I've always used the slangy term "blinkies" to refer to the clipping display. (In addition to Sony, Canon provides it, too. Nikon?)

I also wish I could use this on my Fujifilm camera.

Nov 11, 2017 at 03:11 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

rdeloe
• • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · X-T2 Highlight Clipping Indicator

This was available on my Sony A7R and it's a shame it's not available on the Fuji X-T2 I now use. However, to be honest, even on the Sony it wasn't all that useful because it's based on the JPEG and I shoot in RAW. I have come to expect that my X-T2 will clip highlights if I'm not careful. It just has less DR than the A7R. In cases where I'm expecting clipping can occur, I pay extra attention to the histogram in live view (which is still based on JPEG, but it's a start!), and I bracket a bit, making sure I have some underexposed frames in the bracket set.

Nov 11, 2017 at 03:16 PM
Greg Feldman
• • • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · X-T2 Highlight Clipping Indicator

Rand47 wrote:
No, not real time (unfortunately). But, when reviewing captured files, you can rotate to a blinking clipping indicaotor with the “display/back” button. Unfortunately is is a very small image, as that setting also displays complete shot information on the screen.

Rand

What a strange oversight not to include highlight blinking. Of course it never occurred to me to ask if it was included. I also didn't ask if Fuji lets you save raw and JPEG together. It's just a given....

Can you at least set the rear-screen preview to default to the view with the small blinky inset? Or do you really need to preview after the shot and press the back button?

Nov 12, 2017 at 10:49 PM
DougVaughn
• • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · X-T2 Highlight Clipping Indicator

The X-E3 shows blinkies as you compose the picture, which is perfect. If they can do it on that one, hopefully it's only the next firmware upgrade away for the X-T2.

Nov 13, 2017 at 12:37 AM

FM Forums | Fuji Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username     Reset password