New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

2       end

No more Ps - Lr CC - $10 month?

OntheRez
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · No more Ps - Lr CC - $10 month?

I've not seen this anywhere, but in searching on Adobe's web site it seems that the long offered "deal" of [email protected] for both programs is gone. I've finally been forced to the wall as none of my three cameras are supported by CS6.

The one place I've found both pieces of software is in the "Photography plan" which includes a worthless 1TB of off-site storage. Price: [email protected] Looking for more information throws me onto a gaudy and worthless buy now page.

So is the [email protected] gone? If not were do I find it?

Any advice here would be appreciated.

Nov 10, 2017 at 04:40 PM
rolsen

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · No more Ps - Lr CC - $10 month?

If you go to the Adobe site: https://www.adobe.com/creativecloud/plans.html

There you can open the drop down list (where it says choose a plan) and choose "Photography plan 20GB", it contains:
* Lightroom CC to edit, organize, store, and share your photos anywhere
* Photoshop CC to transform your images
* Lightroom Classic CC
* 20 GB of cloud storage, your own portfolio website, and social media tools

Nov 10, 2017 at 04:49 PM
RogerZoul
• •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · No more Ps - Lr CC - $10 month?

Did it occur to you that there is a reason you hadn't see "this" anywhere?

Nov 10, 2017 at 04:56 PM
jcolwell
• • • • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · No more Ps - Lr CC - $10 month?

I signed up a couple of days ago, for the $10/mo. basic package described by @rolsen Resistance is futile.

Here's what my "Creative Cloud" launchpad looks like. I have PS CC and Bridge fired up (with ACR tagging along).

BTW, after exchange and sales tax, I'm paying $15CA/mo. for my subscription.

Nov 10, 2017 at 06:17 PM
OntheRez
• • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · No more Ps - Lr CC - $10 month?

Thanks guys,

I tried that drop down but apparently didn't hold my mouth right. Roger, I knew there was a problem and assumed it was me.

Jim, "Resistance is Futile." So true. I'm shooting with an 80D, 5DIV, and 1Dx II. No whining about having current gears, just frustrated that I now have to **** or get off the pot. Have been trying to move to other tools, but can't find away around Lr for management.

Thanks again.

Nov 10, 2017 at 07:49 PM
scalesusa
• • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · No more Ps - Lr CC - $10 month?

I'm waiting to purchase a annual plan on black Friday or cyber Monday at a discounted price.

Nov 10, 2017 at 09:37 PM
Eyvind Ness
• • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · No more Ps - Lr CC - $10 month?

Not sure about the 80D, but my 1dx2 and 5D4 (loaner) and 5dsr works fine with stand-alone version 6.13. Agree with the conclusion, though - many nice raw-converters out there (and better than ACR, too!), but I cannot seem to find anything matching LR for DAM. So, it seems I'll have to make do with these cameras for a good while :-)

Nov 10, 2017 at 09:43 PM
Zenon Char
• • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · No more Ps - Lr CC - $10 month?

scalesusa wrote:
I'm waiting to purchase a annual plan on black Friday or cyber Monday at a discounted price.

I doubt it but if it does let us know. I just go it 2 weeks ago.

Nov 10, 2017 at 11:55 PM
kosin
• • • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · No more Ps - Lr CC - $10 month?

Zenon Char wrote:
I doubt it but if it does let us know. I just go it 2 weeks ago.

There will be one for sure (at least there were discounts in the previous years), but if you want to get it now, you can find a deal on eBay for $89/year: -> here <- - I don't think there were better deals as this one.

Additionally, you can save another 8% or $7.20 by applying for eBay Bucks - this is targeted offer but every 2-3 weeks you will get 8% offer via email. More info: -> here <-

Nov 11, 2017 at 03:28 AM
Paul Mo
• • • • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · No more Ps - Lr CC - $10 month?

kosin wrote:
There will be one for sure (at least there were discounts in the previous years), but if you want to get it now, you can find a deal on eBay for $89/year: -> here <- - I don't think there were better deals as this one.

Additionally, you can save another 8% or $7.20 by applying for eBay Bucks - this is targeted offer but every 2-3 weeks you will get 8% offer via email. More info: -> here <-

Can you activate that when ready - my subscription is up on December 22nd.

Not applicable to me as I am an 'international buyer'.

Nov 11, 2017 at 03:42 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

Jeff Nolten
• • • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · No more Ps - Lr CC - $10 month?

Whats the difference between Lightroom CC and Lightroom Classic CC. I'm running the permanent license Lightroom (classic?) but I get updates through the Creative Cloud apparatus. Has that one gone away? It updated recently to add the SL2 raw support. Been thinking I'd need to go to the subscription at some point but this one still works.

Nov 11, 2017 at 03:23 PM
Zenon Char
• • • •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · No more Ps - Lr CC - $10 month?

LR Classic is version 7. This replaces LR6.13 standalone and LR CC (2015).13 which was the original subscription model. With classic you can either store your work locally or use the cloud.

LR CC - version 1 - is the new app which is intended for mobile applications. It is a dumbed down version and you can only use cloud storage.

Edited on Nov 11, 2017 at 03:52 PM · View previous versions

Nov 11, 2017 at 03:34 PM
gdanmitchell
• • • • • •
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · No more Ps - Lr CC - $10 month?

Jeff Nolten wrote:
Whats the difference between Lightroom CC and Lightroom Classic CC. I'm running the permanent license Lightroom (classic?) but I get updates through the Creative Cloud apparatus. Has that one gone away? It updated recently to add the SL2 raw support. Been thinking I'd need to go to the subscription at some point but this one still works.

(NOTE: I posted the following reply when this thread was located in the Canon forum, so please consider that as you read it. If you read it... ;-) )

Oh, boy. Do we really want to go there? ;-)

First, there are a bunch of discussions about this in the Post-Processing & Printing Forum here on FM. I kind of feel like that is a more appropriate forum for discussions fo the Adobe products in general. So I'll keep my response here extremely short and urge those who want to discuss the various new and upgrade Adobe products to go to the forum established for such topics.

The quick answer:

What Adobe now refers to as Adobe Photoshop Lightroom Classic CC is essentially the same "Lightroom" that we have all been using for a few years now, with some updates. If you want to continue with the program you were using before... this is what you want.

What Adobe now calls "Adobe Photoshop Lightroom CC" (yes, exactly the name they used to use for the program now gaining the "classic" designation) is a different program!. It is supposedly designed for keeping your files in the "cloud," and possibly streamlined for use on tablets and other similar devices. It requires a separate and new license.

The vast majority of those who have been using the program they call Lightroom want the Classic version now.

Remember that Post-Processing & Printing Forum if you want to engage in deep discussions of this topic! ;-)

Dan

Edited on Nov 11, 2017 at 05:45 PM · View previous versions

Nov 11, 2017 at 03:34 PM
Zenon Char
• • • •
p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · No more Ps - Lr CC - $10 month?

As of 2018 there will be no more updates for LR6.13 standalone and my guess LR CC (2015).13. There 6.13 was the last and there may be one more this year.

FYI. If you become a CC customer or are trialing CC it treats you as a customer. It will want to update stand alone LR if you have it. If you let it, it will morph into LR CC (2015). If this happens no big deal. Adobe has instructions on how to get LR6 back as long as you have your licence code.

It is just easier not do it if you trying it out. If you do not get the plan update LR6 when you are signed out of CC.

Nov 11, 2017 at 03:35 PM
Jeff Nolten
• • • •
p.1 #15 · p.1 #15 · No more Ps - Lr CC - $10 month?

Here is an article I found that explains the difference. No need to spend more bandwidth for my benefit. Bottom line, it looks like the permanent license version has gone away and I'll have to subscribe to get new camera or lens support. Big bummer, but I figured this would happen eventually. Don't know why anyone would want to use the new Lightroom CC.

Nov 11, 2017 at 03:51 PM
Zenon Char
• • • •
p.1 #16 · p.1 #16 · No more Ps - Lr CC - $10 month?

I was not happy with it at first either but the word licence is the key. You never owned any software before. You installed it on your system and you paid for a license to use it. LR Classic is no different and after the install nothing changed. LR Classic did the same thing LR6 did.

The only real difference is are you OK to get into subscription where you never have to pay for an upgrade again. Or find an alternate developer that offers perpetual and you have to pay for an upgrade if you choose to do so.

I did not download LR CC and never will. I don't want to use cloud storage. I never tried to figure out how to use it for Classic or PS CC.

Nov 11, 2017 at 04:01 PM
Jeff Nolten
• • • •
p.1 #17 · p.1 #17 · No more Ps - Lr CC - $10 month?

I found I'm already going to have to upgrade to support the EF-s 35mm macro STM. There are also supposed to be speed improvements and some minor adjustment tool updates. The only feature added to the CC version of LR 6 was dehaze which some kind soul enabled with a free workaround addition to the user functions. I'll probably wait a while.

I think the Lightroom 6 permanent license was about $100 and its lasted four years. $100 a year is a big price jump (if they still have the $100 annual), but I'd get Photoshop which is handy from time to time. Netflix and Audible already hit my credit card each month. I know I'll do this eventually.

Edited on Nov 11, 2017 at 04:25 PM · View previous versions

Nov 11, 2017 at 04:15 PM
Zenon Char
• • • •
p.1 #18 · p.1 #18 · No more Ps - Lr CC - $10 month?

jcolwell wrote:
I signed up a couple of days ago, for the $10/mo. basic package described by @rolsen@ Resistance is futile.

Here's what my "Creative Cloud" launchpad looks like. I have PS CC and Bridge fired up (with ACR tagging along).

BTW, after exchange and sales tax, I'm paying $15CA/mo. for my subscription.

I decided to pay for the whole year. I've mentioned this before. It you were an LR6 user it will tell you that there as update. It you update it will morph into LR CC 2015.13 which is the original subscription model.

I did this on my iMac and it morphed. Adobe has instructions on how to get LR6 back if you drop the subscription. I did not do this on my MacBook Air and I opened LR6 the other day and it was LR CC 2015. Maybe I somehow pressed the wrong button but I don't remember doing so. I call it sneaky Adobe.

If you press "Update All" it starts to update LR6. You have to press the X to stop it. A work around is click on the 3 bullets on the right upper hand corner and check for updates there, You can select which one you want to update.

I decided not to worry about it as if I drop subscription I doubt I'll go back to LR6 or PS. By then I may have a new camera and LR won't read RAW files. It I do drop it I'll probably go Capture Pro One.

I am having a small non important issue on my iMac. It is just annoying. It keeps telling me there is an update for PS CS6 and there is none. I don't get this message on my Air. I checked Adobe's site and it has to do with extensions I believe and it recommends to uninstall and re-install CS6. I can't find my PS licence (I have LR6) and I get an error if I try to find it at Adobe. When I get bored I'll call them.

Nov 11, 2017 at 04:22 PM
Zenon Char
• • • •
p.1 #19 · p.1 #19 · No more Ps - Lr CC - $10 month?

Jeff Nolten wrote:
I found I'm already going to have to upgrade to support the EF-s 35mm macro STM.

I think the Lightroom 6 permanent license was about $100 and its lasted four years. $100 a year is a big price jump (if they still have the $100 annual), but I'd get Photoshop which is handy from time to time. Netflix and Audible already hit my credit card each month.

I looked up my history and I'm a PS user as well. I got CS2 in 2005. Not sure how much I spent over the years for upgrades, I bought RAW Developer (which Adobe bought and turned into LR) Silky Pix, Bibble Pro and plugins like NIK, etc which I don't use any more. I like the under one roof development these days.

Here is my history since 2012 and i got LR in 2013. This works out to $80 a year and I did not get PS subscription when it came out.

Nov 11, 2017 at 04:32 PM
OntheRez
• • • •
p.1 #20 · p.1 #20 · No more Ps - Lr CC - $10 month?

My experience is that Lr 6.13 (a bit tricky to find) has been updated to include the cameras I've noted above. I have no clue if Adobe will continue to update the stand alone Lr. My paranoid suspicion is that with the 2 CC Lr versions 6 is being abandoned.

If I call CS6 Ps from Lr (or anywhere else) I get a "This version of Lr: Need to update to Camera Raw 10.0." Options are render with Lr or open anyway. Open anyway fails to call Ps. The last message is "Update Camera Raw via Ps update tool." Checking update yields the message that everything is current.

To use Ps I have to (1) Convert to DNG (not a desirable choice) or (2) render with another tool say DXO's converter. I can continue to use CS6 so long as I don't need it to render latest model .cr2 files.

Like Jim said, "Resistance is futile."

Nov 11, 2017 at 04:39 PM
       2       end

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

2       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username     Reset password