New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

Epson SureColor P800 Designer Edition Inkjet Printer

Rob573
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Epson SureColor P800 Designer Edition Inkjet Printer

I have been using my Canon Pro9500 Mark II for several years.
I think its time for a new printer since I am having a GREAT amount of trouble getting the Canon to produce the print sizes, profiles I select. Wasted time, paper and ink. Often printing 6-12 copies on VERY expensive paper before getting a print the correct dimensions.
I have been considering the Epson SureColor P800 Designer Edition Inkjet Printer. B&H has one in stock and B&H has been very good to me.
Wanted to ask what my fellow members here thought...
Would this be a VERY GOOD printer for high end photographs edited within the top software programs??
Thanks in advance for any input or other suggestions

Robert

Nov 09, 2017 at 10:13 PM
frdjohns
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Epson SureColor P800 Designer Edition Inkjet Printer

I've been using a P800 for over a year now, and am very happy with it. I have the standard edition, not the "Designer" edition.

Nov 09, 2017 at 10:43 PM
Rob573
• •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Epson SureColor P800 Designer Edition Inkjet Printer

Thanks for the rapid response. I was up in the air about the "designer" or regular edition as well.

Nov 09, 2017 at 10:45 PM
howardm4
• • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Epson SureColor P800 Designer Edition Inkjet Printer

I think the Designer edition includes a RIP, which isn't needed.

Nov 10, 2017 at 01:21 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

Rob573
• •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Epson SureColor P800 Designer Edition Inkjet Printer

It does and I was reading some comments on the RIP S/W. Most commenting said they had a ton of trouble and costs trying to get it to work and got little or no help from Epson troubleshooting. Most said the same as you...that the money for the RIP could better be spent on other accessories.
Thanks for your thoughts....I am already leading on the regular version...and since several members on this forum have said they are happy with the Epson I think I'll order it tonight or in the morning.

Nov 10, 2017 at 04:27 AM
mogud
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Epson SureColor P800 Designer Edition Inkjet Printer

I'm happy with my p800 std edition. No clogging and I don't print a lot. Very pleased with the output.

Nov 10, 2017 at 11:21 PM
mikeinctown
• •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Epson SureColor P800 Designer Edition Inkjet Printer

Not sure how much you have your heart set on the Epson, but I have no issues with my Pro-100 or Pro-10 Canon printers. Debating on getting a Pro-1000 next year now that Precision sells inks for the printer.

On the Pro-10 when you print there are two possible places for your settings so you just need to make sure they both match before you hit print. I have not had an issue yet with printing. The only issue I almost had was that when I sized my print I accidentally put 8x11.5 instead of 11.5x8 and it looked strange in the print window so I cancelled and made the change. Easily solved and wasted no ink.

The Pro-1000 would be nice because it has the software to calculate how much prints cost based on your paper and ink costs. Not sure if the Epson has the same software.

Nov 13, 2017 at 06:23 PM

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username     Reset password