New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

problems when in live view D850

Marco_72

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · problems when in live view D850

I feel a bit silly to ask this but i can't figure out how to change in live view the iso setting and choose: my image area.

I have auto iso atm turn to on so when i photograph an image it will be the iso set on live view, where in the menu can i change this? i have been looking for it but can't seem to find it.
When switching off LV i can tweak the iso leave it to 64 no auto iso but as soon as i turn on LV there it is again..

Also the choose image area is blank and set for DX doesn't matter wich lens i put on (85/1.4 70-200 2.8 14-24/2.4) i can't seem to figure out how to change this, normally i could, with one tap of my finger change it but that doesn't work, i must have set it in the camera some where but where?
I have looked on the internet and also in my manual but can't seem to find the sollution.

Really hope someone can help me out, maybe one of you had a similair problem and solved it.

thank you in advance!

Marco.

Nov 09, 2017 at 07:19 PM
Marco_72

p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · problems when in live view D850

i had looked through the whole manual and did a fair bit of reading but i could not change in live view the correct iso of take auto iso off by scrolling on the front/back wheel, als touching the image area in LV didn't do anything.
First i thought that it had to be a setting that i set before, going through different options while reading the manual.
In the end i did a factory reset took the battery out placed it back and voila everything works again.
I just hope that it was a 1 time only although i have learned more going to the options trying to resolve this.
Should i mention this to Nikon is my thought atm

thx for the input much appreciated.

Marco.

Nov 10, 2017 at 05:51 PM
Blakehfreeman
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · problems when in live view D850

My assumption is you'd continue using the same method as when not in live view but will check when I get home tonight...

Marco_72 wrote:
i had looked through the whole manual and did a fair bit of reading but i could not change in live view the correct iso of take auto iso off by scrolling on the front/back wheel, als touching the image area in LV didn't do anything.
First i thought that it had to be a setting that i set before, going through different options while reading the manual.
In the end i did a factory reset took the battery out placed it back and voila everything works again.
I just hope that it was a 1 time only although i have learned more
...Show more

Nov 10, 2017 at 05:53 PM
snapsy
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · problems when in live view D850

I'm guessing you have the LV stills/movie selector set to movie - the camera saves two sets of exposure settings, one for stills (shared by VF shooting and LV shooting in stills mode) and one for movie (LV shooting in movie mode). You can change the Auto ISO mode for either by holding down the ISO button and spinning the front camera dial.

Nov 10, 2017 at 06:04 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

ATOR

p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · problems when in live view D850

Changing ISO and switching auto ISO on/off works exactly as in normal view, press the ISO button and turn the main/sub command dials.

To change the image area while in Live view you press the i button and at the top of the menu that appears you'll see the entry Change image area.

Nov 10, 2017 at 06:04 PM
J.Marcus Photo
• •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · problems when in live view D850

If you press OK while in live view it will give you a true representation of the exposure, if that helps...

Marco_72 wrote:
I feel a bit silly to ask this but i can't figure out how to change in live view the iso setting and choose: my image area.

I have auto iso atm turn to on so when i photograph an image it will be the iso set on live view, where in the menu can i change this? i have been looking for it but can't seem to find it.
When switching off LV i can tweak the iso leave it to 64 no auto iso but as soon as i turn on LV there it is again..

Also the choose image area
...Show more

Nov 10, 2017 at 06:08 PM
quickking
• •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · problems when in live view D850

I believe that while you are in Live View, if you press the OK button, it will then switch to the ISO that you dial in. I am on a trip and don't have my camera with me but I had the same issue and I think that was the fix...Kevin

Nov 10, 2017 at 06:09 PM

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username     Reset password