Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Sony Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Best memory cards for the A7RIII?

eleazar123

Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Best memory cards for the A7RIII?

I'm likely going to be upgrading to the A7RIII in the near future. I'm hoping to find some Black Friday deals to get new cards that best take advantage of the slots in the A7RIII. I want to make sure I'm getting the best speed possible, since the slow write times on the A7RII is one of my biggest frustrations.

This is the card I currently use with my A7RII: SanDisk Extreme PRO 64GB SDXC

I saw this deal at Best Buy and it seems like a great price($25), but it looks like it's about equal to my current card and is UHS-1 (oh and it requires an adapter to use in the camera): Sandisk Extreme PLUS 64GB microSDXC

What do you guys think? Is there a clear winner for "best card" to take advantage of the A7R3?

Nov 09, 2017 at 02:52 PM
Wanny
• •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Best memory cards for the A7RIII?

The Sandisk cards that are 300 mb/s are the top choice for uhs-ii imo.

As for UHS i, the Sandisk 95 mb/s are my favorite as well.

Nov 09, 2017 at 03:08 PM
bwcolor
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Best memory cards for the A7RIII?

eleazar123 wrote:
I'm likely going to be upgrading to the A7RIII in the near future. I'm hoping to find some Black Friday deals to get new cards that best take advantage of the slots in the A7RIII. I want to make sure I'm getting the best speed possible, since the slow write times on the A7RII is one of my biggest frustrations.

This is the card I currently use with my A7RII: SanDisk Extreme PRO 64GB SDXC

I saw this deal at Best Buy and it seems like a great price($25), but it looks like it's about equal to my current card and is
...Show more
Microsdxc...what is this "micro"?

Nov 09, 2017 at 03:22 PM
Duckysaysquack
• •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Best memory cards for the A7RIII?

The A7riii takes UHS-II. They are capable of doing much faster than 95mb/s, they are around 300+mb/s. you will want that for your A7riii if you want the fastest speed. However only one slot is UHS-II. If you want to fill both cards for backup you will need a faster and slower card.

Nov 09, 2017 at 03:42 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

eleazar123

p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Best memory cards for the A7RIII?

Thanks guys! I'll be on the lookout for deals on the 300MB/s cards

Nov 09, 2017 at 05:12 PM
arbitrage
• • • • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Best memory cards for the A7RIII?

eleazar123 wrote:
Thanks guys! I'll be on the lookout for deals on the 300MB/s cards

Here is a test on all cards in the A9 which has the same two slots. Of course the testing of number of shots later down the article will be different with different frame rate and buffer on the A7R3. But the first part of the testing showing the actual speed of the cards should still be valid for the A7R3. Lexar cards should be available again soon but Sandisk and Sony UHS-II are right up there anyways.

https://www.cameramemoryspeed.com/sony-a9/fastest-sd-cards-uhs-i-vs-uhs-ii/

The Sandisk UHS-1 card you already own will be good for the 2nd slot. It is usually the fastest UHS-1 card in all tests.

Nov 09, 2017 at 05:40 PM
eleazar123

p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Best memory cards for the A7RIII?

arbitrage wrote:
Here is a test on all cards in the A9 which has the same two slots. Of course the testing of number of shots later down the article will be different with different frame rate and buffer on the A7R3. But the first part of the testing showing the actual speed of the cards should still be valid for the A7R3. Lexar cards should be available again soon but Sandisk and Sony UHS-II are right up there anyways.

https://www.cameramemoryspeed.com/sony-a9/fastest-sd-cards-uhs-i-vs-uhs-ii/

The Sandisk UHS-1 card you already own will be good for the 2nd slot. It is usually the fastest UHS-1 card in all
...Show more

Wow that's great news! I hadn't even thought of looking at A9 tests to determine the best cards to use.

I love that the Lexar is cheaper than the Sandisks but perform better. Thanks for sharing!

Nov 09, 2017 at 05:59 PM
JimUe
• • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Best memory cards for the A7RIII?

bwcolor wrote:
Microsdxc...what is this "micro"?

Micro for phones with a memory card slot.
Some branDs such as samsung include micro adapters with their micro sd cards

Nov 09, 2017 at 06:27 PM

FM Forums | Sony Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username     Reset password