1       2      
       end

Budget tele?

AmbientMike
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.3 #1 · p.3 #1 · Budget tele?

AJSJones wrote:
The slower the shutterspeed gets, the more likely I am to do two things : 1) MLU and 2) long delay after shutterpress, even if using a cable. I understand the physics but never found it was due to a poor collar system, thatís why I was curious. (Poor technique on my part, cheap tripod etc yes) These days, LiveView and silent mode make it all easier.

I've read about people using 2 tripods, one on the camera and one on the lens. They wouldn't have to do if the tripod mount on the lens was working, on its own.

Nov 13, 2017 at 04:16 AM
AJSJones
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.3 #2 · p.3 #2 · Budget tele?

AmbientMike wrote:
I've read about people using 2 tripods, one on the camera and one on the lens. They wouldn't have to do if the tripod mount on the lens was working, on its own.

Iíve seen that but only on long and heavy lenses - itís the stability of the tripod (or head) with such a long heavy lens, rather than how well the tripod ring clamps on the lens or attaches it to the tripod head, so attachment to two supports is needed (but not very versatile in terms of pointing/composing)
However, this page describes the situations you might have encountered where a second support can be added to the front of the lens if the whole system has too much ďflexĒ. In such cases it doesnít seem to be how well the collar holds the lens (thatís what I thought you were describing) but the geometry/flex of the system that is the problem. - but I now understand your point This would also be an alternative

Nov 13, 2017 at 06:11 AM
1       2      
       end

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2      
       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username     Reset password