New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | General Gear-talk | Join Upload & Sell

Airport Security vs Airport International

mikeinctown
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Airport Security vs Airport International

I'm pretty sure I've read that a 70-200 2.8 Canon will fit the Airport Security on end but what about the airport International? Also, I *think* that what I have will all fit in an airport security but not sure about the international. Need help if you have info

Gripped 7DII
1Dx
70-200 2.8II
24-105 (or 24-70)
Sigma 150-600C
300 2.8 IS V1
Chargers, misc batteries, blower, maybe a flash or two

If that would all fit in one or both, might there be extra room for one more lens, like a 135 or 85 prime?

Thanks a bunch as I know I can't get half that stuff in my Pelican and I certainly can't get the 300 in my shoulder bag.

Nov 08, 2017 at 06:40 PM
Roland W
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Airport Security vs Airport International

The 70-200 2.8 II does indeed fit in the ThinkTank Airport Security on end, but only in the smaller portion of it that is full depth, and not in the fairly large area used up to house the extendable roll around handle. Also, the on end fit is tight, so there would not be room for stuff above it stored in the lid. The fit is so tight that I would be a bit worried about it if you were doing a gate check of the bag or had other rough handling involved. I do not have the Airport International.

In addition to responses from the question on here, I suggest you call them and talk over your needs. They have great customer service, and can for sure answer the question about fitting on end for the International, as well as likely help with the total load question. Do note that your 300 2.8 IS V1 is quite a bit bigger overall if the hood is on and stowed in reverse, so keep that difference in mind.

Nov 08, 2017 at 07:21 PM

FM Forums | General Gear-talk | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username     Reset password