FM Forum Rules
Landscape Posting Guidelines

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

end

Thors Well Yachats Oregon - Night shot.

Tim Knutson
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #1 · p.2 #1 · Thors Well Yachats Oregon - Night shot.

You get some serious points for shooting from the ocean side. I have never seen a shot from the outside. Interesting that you didn't die. But a very unique composition came from your efforts.

If you like your processing, that should be the end of the story. Make yourself happy.

If you want the approval of most folks here, you will need to turn it back some.

Personally its a bit crunchy for me, but then, you didn't do it for me.

Nov 10, 2017 at 06:01 PM
01Ryan10
• •
p.2 #2 · p.2 #2 · Thors Well Yachats Oregon - Night shot.

chez wrote:
I was just reading about art shows in another forum and this one person did a survey at a high end fine art show in Chicago. He surveyed the photographers at the show and the biggest sellers overall based on the show were HDR and highly saturated prints.

I go to a lot of galleries when I travel and the photography being exhibited looks great, but every gallery looks the same. Itís the prints that step out of the norm that get the attention, not the ones that are seen hanging in every gallery.

This sounds most reasonable to me. I think most photogs will not like OP's pic, but most of the general public will. Posting the pic in a photog forum hoping to get *golf claps* may be disappointing.

Nov 10, 2017 at 06:56 PM
kevindar
• • • •
p.2 #3 · p.2 #3 · Thors Well Yachats Oregon - Night shot.

I live very close to the Terranea in southern california, a very expensive resort. Its near the light house, the pictures of which I used to post. they have large prints of the light house, that would get crucified if ever posted in this forum b/c they are the over the top super saturated unnatural, 3 generation old photomatix HDR that we used to see. I am sure they paid several thousand K for those prints.

Nov 10, 2017 at 07:02 PM
Fotofly71

p.2 #4 · p.2 #4 · Thors Well Yachats Oregon - Night shot.

Just curious what equipment was used and when taken. Also what post production was employed. I agree with most commenters it seems over the top, but considering the world of modern "art" today you might be able to sell it for about $500,000.00. Just sayin.

Nov 10, 2017 at 08:18 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

Mark Metternich
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #5 · p.2 #5 · Thors Well Yachats Oregon - Night shot.

Kudos for the new perspective and the efforts for sure. I love when people strive for originality!
But this is unnatural to the extreme in processing. Sorry.
Have you ever done Skype lessons with one of your favorite professional photographers? That might be an idea. Many of us who do this for a full time living offer that as a service. Sometimes when traveling I have refered people to Alex Noriega. You won't find a better post processing teacher in the world. I'm not bad either...

Nov 11, 2017 at 02:24 AM
Langran
• • •
p.2 #6 · p.2 #6 · Thors Well Yachats Oregon - Night shot.

I'll second being impressed you didn't die shooting from the opposite side. I guess the sea was calmer than when I visited! As evidenced by other replies, I don't think you'll get a lot of love in this forum but that's not to knock your work, there's just a certain aesthetic that landscape photographers, especially on here, tend to like and this doesn't fit with that. Sticking to the positive though I'm impressed with the level of detail you've captured and given the quality of the file, I think that the same image could be processed to a more natural look if you wanted. Either way welcome to the forum

Nov 13, 2017 at 05:49 AM
psharvic
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #7 · p.2 #7 · Thors Well Yachats Oregon - Night shot.

High impact and thought provoking. Thanks for posting.

Nov 13, 2017 at 12:05 PM
       end

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username     Reset password