1       2      
       end

New Leica XY SL Mount

Steve Spencer
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.3 #1 · p.3 #1 · New Leica XY SL Mount

rscheffler wrote:
One other point of observation regarding adaptation of M lenses: based on my cursory tests of some M lenses on the T and SL, neither was optimized to the extent the digital M bodies are for these lenses. Yes, M lenses generally perform better on the T and SL than on Sony and Fuji cameras, and Leica may be tweaking some such as the recent 28mm refreshes, but for critical applications, some will still fall short of results possible with the M. How relevant this is depends on what you're shooting and what your expectations are. Based on how many
...Show more

Ron, I think we can be a bit more specific, however. All the currently available lenses (with the possible exception of the 35 cron Asph) do as well or almost as well on the SL and T as on the M. It is older lenses that were designed for film (and that includes all the Zeiss ZM lenses except the 35 f/1.4) that show quite notable differences between the SL & T and the M.

Nov 10, 2017 at 06:26 PM
flash
• • • •
p.3 #2 · p.3 #2 · New Leica XY SL Mount

Ladies and Gents....

The invitation shows a graphical version of the new 18mm pancake lens. It's an APSC camera.

Gordon

p.s. I find the total lack of doors for USB connectors weird. You can hide the card slot with the battery (even though ALL the early rumours had this using the TL battery) but not the USB ports etc....

Nov 10, 2017 at 07:49 PM
arduluth
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.3 #3 · p.3 #3 · New Leica XY SL Mount

flash wrote:
Ladies and Gents....

The invitation shows a graphical version of the new 18mm pancake lens. It's an APSC camera.

Gordon

p.s. I find the total lack of doors for USB connectors weird. You can hide the card slot with the battery (even though ALL the early rumours had this using the TL battery) but not the USB ports etc....

How big is the battery? There's no reason there can't be a micro USB connector behind the battery door. I've got at least one camera that does it that way.

Where can we see the invite?

Edit: found the image -

https://leicarumors.com/2017/11/01/this-is-the-new-leica-elmarit-tl-18mm-f2-8-asph-lens.aspx/

Nov 10, 2017 at 08:46 PM
joakim
• • • •
p.3 #4 · p.3 #4 · New Leica XY SL Mount

flash wrote:
Ladies and Gents....

Gordon

Why must a camera like this have a USB port at all?

Nov 10, 2017 at 09:48 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

Donzo98
• • • •
p.3 #5 · p.3 #5 · New Leica XY SL Mount

joakim wrote:
Why must a camera like this have a USB port at all?

Agreed... I have never needed a USB port on any camera.

Nov 11, 2017 at 12:57 AM
rscheffler
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.3 #6 · p.3 #6 · New Leica XY SL Mount

Steve Spencer wrote:
Ron, I think we can be a bit more specific, however. All the currently available lenses (with the possible exception of the 35 cron Asph) do as well or almost as well on the SL and T as on the M. It is older lenses that were designed for film (and that includes all the Zeiss ZM lenses except the 35 f/1.4) that show quite notable differences between the SL & T and the M.

I would have to go through my files from a few years ago again for exact specifics, but my recollection of at least one current lens was that the 21 SEM was definitely not as good. Same with the 28 Cron, though that one has since been refreshed by Leica.

Nov 11, 2017 at 02:45 AM
Steve Spencer
• • • • • •
p.3 #7 · p.3 #7 · New Leica XY SL Mount

rscheffler wrote:
I would have to go through my files from a few years ago again for exact specifics, but my recollection of at least one current lens was that the 21 SEM was definitely not as good. Same with the 28 Cron, though that one has since been refreshed by Leica.

Reportedly the new 28 cron does well on the SL and the 21 SEM might not do quite as well wide open, but reportedly is very close at f/4 and about even by f/5.6 on the SL. Neither lens does well at all on the Sony A7 series or the A9.

Nov 11, 2017 at 04:52 AM
1       2      
       end

FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

1       2      
       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username     Reset password