Home · Register · Software · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

FM Forum Rules
Wedding Resource List

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

2       end

How to Stop Spam Voice Messages On Business Land Line?

MRomine
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · How to Stop Spam Voice Messages On Business Land Line?

Short of changing your phone number, are there any methods for stopping the incoming spam voice messages on a land line? I get 5-10 of these a day and they invariably come, it seems, at an inappropriate time.

Nov 07, 2017 at 09:36 PM
amonline
• • • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · How to Stop Spam Voice Messages On Business Land Line?

There is an national/international do-not-call listing that seems to help a lot. I haven't done it personally, but I know a few who swear it helps. Look into it.

Nov 07, 2017 at 09:39 PM
S-Man23
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · How to Stop Spam Voice Messages On Business Land Line?

Do you hang up immediately? At the end of most of these robocalls there will be an option to press a key to be removed from their call list. I've started listening to them just to hit the do not call key. It really should be illegal.

Nov 08, 2017 at 12:13 AM
MRomine
• • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · How to Stop Spam Voice Messages On Business Land Line?

S-Man23 wrote:
Do you hang up immediately? At the end of most of these robocalls there will be an option to press a key to be removed from their call list. I've started listening to them just to hit the do not call key. It really should be illegal.

Months ago I tried that but it does not work. I think it lets them know that your number is an active one. I've also tried calling back and asking to have my name removed and they all agree to do it but that doesn't seem to work either.

Nov 08, 2017 at 04:03 AM
glort
• • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · How to Stop Spam Voice Messages On Business Land Line?

They always get me at a bad time, like make me run down from up the yard only to have some twit from some 3rd world hell hole try to tell me my computer has been reported as having a virus or some other con job.

I usually swear at them with every profanity I can lay my tongue to for wasting my time.

Talking to the operator won't do any good. The calls are automatically dialled and put through to whoever is in the call centre and available. They have no control over the list of numbers that are rung. At least I let them know what a hated thing they are doing and how it wastes peoples time and pisses them off.
And they sucker me every time. Often if I am up the back and my hands dirty I won't get the phone because I know if it's my wife or daughter they will ring back but they always get me when I am expecting a call and bust a gut to answer it.

I used to put the phone down and let them wait but they hang up pretty quick when you do that now. Mate of mine has an audio file on his computer with a shortcut.
When he gets these calls he plays the audio file which is a rather " enthusiastic" Couple becoming amorous. Then someone else come along and Joins in then after about a minute, the dog gets involved.
It's hilarious.

Nearly as good as when I used to get my mongeral neighbour at the old place.
2 large speakers placed one at the back of the yard and one near the front of their house on my driveway in big garbage bags to keep the weather out.
I'd play audio files of steam trains coming from the distance, passing by and going away at 1am when they made noise...after about 3 am that was.
My favourite was the cattle stampede. that is a great File and sounds so realistic but a crack up in the middle of suburbia.
There was also the screeching birds and the low flying choppers overhead.
I asked another neighbour if they heard it and he said yeah but he woke up all through the night anyway and loved hearing it as it gave him a great laugh.

Guy complained about the cattle noise as that was one of my favourites and I did a clip where I reversed the stereo so they came one way then went back he other.
Council guy rang me and said they had a complaint and couldn't stop pissing himself laughing. He said they had regulations about loud music, barking dogs, machinery, loud vehicles and noise from public gatherings but there was nothing about livestock noise.

I assured him I was not nor ever had, herded or kept cattle in my back yard so had no idea what he was talking about.
He told me if they had any more complaints they would have to investigate again and I said fine, you can come check for cattle any time you please. He rang off saying that was the best one the guys in the office had ever heard.

Nov 08, 2017 at 10:34 AM
Mark_L
• • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · How to Stop Spam Voice Messages On Business Land Line?

^Damn this is brilliant! Props for dedication.

Nov 08, 2017 at 04:46 PM
FrancisK7
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · How to Stop Spam Voice Messages On Business Land Line?

Switch to voip.ms and add them to the block list.

4.99$/3500min month voip line with all the features you can think of. Porting a number is usually $10.

Nov 08, 2017 at 05:33 PM
Mark_L
• • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · How to Stop Spam Voice Messages On Business Land Line?

FrancisK7 wrote:

4.99$/3500min month voip line with all the features you can think of. Porting a number is usually $10.

Google voice might do something similar and just fwds calls.

Nov 08, 2017 at 05:57 PM
FrancisK7
• • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · How to Stop Spam Voice Messages On Business Land Line?

Does Google Voice support the porting of DID?

Nov 08, 2017 at 06:37 PM
level1photog
• •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · How to Stop Spam Voice Messages On Business Land Line?

Android version 7/8 have feature that detect reported spam number. You can answer or add to block list.

Nov 08, 2017 at 06:59 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

zoetmb
• • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · How to Stop Spam Voice Messages On Business Land Line?

I got rid of my land line because the only calls I got were robo-calls, calls from organizations looking for donations and my mother

I put my cell phone number on the do-not-call registry, but it doesn't work. I constantly get calls about "since you stayed with us before, we have a vacation deal for you", which is a lie, and "we're calling about your credit." Both robo calls, both very well done because the voice is very conversational and sounds like a live person and they always come from different numbers (at least those that appear on caller ID), including some numbers that seem very local. The do-not-call registry has a place where you can complain about illegal calls, but it doesn't seem to help. They really need to up the fines and enforce this. Who falls for this crap anyway? You'd think that after you immediately hung up over 100 times, they'd get the message and their program would automatically remove your number. Unlimited calling does have some disadvantage. If these companies had to pay for these calls, they would be targeting better.

Nov 08, 2017 at 08:48 PM
MRomine
• • • •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · How to Stop Spam Voice Messages On Business Land Line?

FrancisK7 wrote:

Do you know, can you keep your existing number?

Nov 08, 2017 at 11:28 PM
Depth of Feel
• • •
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · How to Stop Spam Voice Messages On Business Land Line?

My voicemail directs everyone to email or text me because its so bad. I dont even answer the phone anymore and its lovely.

Edited on Nov 09, 2017 at 06:23 AM · View previous versions

Nov 08, 2017 at 11:48 PM
FrancisK7
• • •
p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · How to Stop Spam Voice Messages On Business Land Line?

MRomine wrote:
Do you know, can you keep your existing number?

Yes you can keep your number. I've never never had a DID porting denied.

Nov 08, 2017 at 11:52 PM
Mark_L
• • • •
p.1 #15 · p.1 #15 · How to Stop Spam Voice Messages On Business Land Line?

FrancisK7 wrote:
Does Google Voice support the porting of DID?

Not sure, I'm not in the US. Have a look in their docs.

Nov 09, 2017 at 06:12 PM
Konablue
• •
p.1 #16 · p.1 #16 · How to Stop Spam Voice Messages On Business Land Line?

I've tried the Do-Not-Call list and that doesn't work. Scam callers don't seem to be concerned about obeying laws. Most of these calls are probably made directly from a typical desktop computer. All that's needed is a software program, a phone line and a phone number list (preferably with demographics to more efficiently target their victims). Just set it up and let it run automatically using a pre-recorded message. The software generates random "calling from" numbers (spoofing) so blocking a number doesn't work since they don't use the same number call from number twice. Even more nefarious is that the generated numbers often use your own area code and even the 3 digit prefix to make it look like a local call. It could be from a neighbor or Nigeria.

How about we somehow provide these scam callers with all the phone numbers of our political representatives so they can be annoyed and maybe they'll do something about it?

Nov 09, 2017 at 09:22 PM
elkhornsun
• • • •
p.1 #17 · p.1 #17 · How to Stop Spam Voice Messages On Business Land Line?

Get the Digitone ProSeries Blocker. It is fantastic! It automatically will block "out of area" labeled calls and others which are spoofs by call centers. You can include a custom caller ID type and you can block out an entire area code for callers. It has the ability to store up to 1000 specific phone numbers you want to block.

Two great features are a Block button so when you get a junk call and press the button twice it is added to the blocked calls database and it has a Invite button so you can put in someone's phone number that you do not want blocked at any time.

We put key individuals numbers into the Invite list and then we can have all calls blocked after 5pm or before 8am and yet a friend or relative who calls is not blocked.

At a cost of $80 it is a great value and I would buy another one if it cost $400 as it works that well and it has eliminated 99% of the junk calls to our phone line. I am buying them for Christmas gifts for my friends and family.

Nov 09, 2017 at 11:37 PM
Gary Harfield
• • •
p.1 #18 · p.1 #18 · How to Stop Spam Voice Messages On Business Land Line?

Years ago, I choose to sign for Google Voice and use that number as my business number. You can read about it here. https://www.google.com/googlevoice/about.html

But, I too have been sick and tired of spam calls and having to block numbers in google voice and wanted more control. (I had a 508 number for over 10 years as my cell phone, and I had to finally make a decision to toss it.

So I ported out my Google Voice number to T-Mobile to replace my 508 number. I have android, and highly recommend a few apps for cutting down your spam calls. Choose one and go......

Trucaller
Hiya
Should I answer

I know Trucaller is on APPLE for iPhone, but it really doesn't work the same when it comes to how apps run on their software.

But using your cell phone as business line allows you to intercept those spam calls and maybe not stop all of them, but certainly have your phone ringless.

And just to be clear and this is from the inernets.........and I have heard of this many many times.

The do not call list, states.........Once registered, the organization must search the list at least once every 31 days and drop from its contact list any registered phone number. The National Do Not Call Registry applies only to consumers; business phone and fax numbers are not covered by the registry.

LETS BE CLEAR AGAIN

The National Do Not Call Registry applies only to consumers; business phone and fax numbers are not covered by the registry.

Nov 10, 2017 at 05:36 AM
frankpatel

p.1 #19 · p.1 #19 · How to Stop Spam Voice Messages On Business Land Line?

I also get at least 3 calls each day from telemarketers and scammers. I think you could just ignore them, since there's nothing we could do about this. Or, if you think that the callers are coming from legit businesses, you could ask them to stop, otherwise you could sue them. I just read about this at https://www.lemberglaw.com/tcpa-stop-unwanted-telephone-calls/. Hope this helps.

Nov 11, 2017 at 08:30 AM
hardlyboring
• • • • •
p.1 #20 · p.1 #20 · How to Stop Spam Voice Messages On Business Land Line?

get rid of your business land line?
who has a land line anymore?
haha
no clue about it all just funny.

Nov 11, 2017 at 11:01 PM
       2       end

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

2       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username     Reset password