Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Sony Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2      
       end

All I want for Christmas is a Loxia 135...

elimoss

Upload & Sell: Off
p.3 #1 · p.3 #1 · All I want for Christmas is a Loxia 135...

Adding to the 135 mix -- Canon rumors is reporting today that a 135L with IS may be announced first quarter 2018.

Nov 11, 2017 at 04:24 PM
carlitos
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.3 #2 · p.3 #2 · All I want for Christmas is a Loxia 135...

philber wrote:
Though I won't disclose our discussions, I can tell you that Zeiss are well aware of what is happening, where the future lies, that they are eager to play, and have the ideas and resources to delight us!

I've been enjoying exploring my world with my Milvus 50/1.4, a Distagon design. Somehow it seems like not a 50mm, but a not-so-wide WA.

But I'd like to see Zeiss re-visit the Contax series of f/2.8 wide primes, mounted in the Milvus livery (or Loxia).

Nov 11, 2017 at 05:49 PM
tzhang4284
• •
p.3 #3 · p.3 #3 · All I want for Christmas is a Loxia 135...

I find the 52mm fixed filter size on the Loxia lenses to be a plus as it keeps the lens size down and really streamlines the number of accessories to carry on any given trip. I hope whatever they come out with next enforces this as a hard constraint since there are plenty of fast primes with no size constraints on the market.

The only reasonably modern comparable set of lenses with this level of consistency that I can think of were the Nikon AI-S series of lenses where it was possible to build a kit from 20mm to 200mm while maintaining a 52mm filter thread. I hope Zeiss uses this blueprint to round out the Loxia line.

Nov 11, 2017 at 09:01 PM
philip_pj
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.3 #4 · p.3 #4 · All I want for Christmas is a Loxia 135...

'Zeiss are well aware..'

Talk is cheap, deeds are precious.

Nov 11, 2017 at 10:40 PM
bjornthun
• • •
p.3 #5 · p.3 #5 · All I want for Christmas is a Loxia 135...

rico wrote:
We are living in a small golden age of 135mm. I consider this FL to be perfect for portrait and product, but the offerings were pretty thin this last decade. Now we have a fresh choice of lenses with impressively broad range of characteristics: CZ Batis 135/2.8, Samyang 135/2, Sigma 135/1.8 Art, Canon TS-E 135/4L, MS Optics 135/2.4 Fluorit. All of these are usable on Sony FE, of course. I only wish a 135/4 in the spirit of the Tele-Elmar was updated to APO level: lenses like the Rok cannot compete for a casual carry.

I suppose the closest we could get to an "apo" Tele-Elmar 135/4 would be a Voigtländer Apo Lanthar 135/4 or 135/3.5, which could still be reasonably small. I'd love such a lens.

Nov 12, 2017 at 03:35 AM
1       2      
       end

FM Forums | Sony Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2      
       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username     Reset password