New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

end

Archive 2017 · XQD cards

runamuck
• • • • • •
[X]
p.2 #1 · p.2 #1 · XQD cards

Meanwhile, the D500 remains stuck at UHS 1. How quickly nikon abandoned that one.

Nov 10, 2017 at 12:36 AM
sjms
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #2 · p.2 #2 · XQD cards

actually the SD slot on the D500 is primarily a UHS-II slot that is as all UHS-II slots are, backwards compatible. yes you can put in a regular SD card and slow the camera down.

also this information has been gone through just about every which way and we are well aware of your disdain for XQD and love for relatively slow SD cards

Nov 10, 2017 at 02:05 AM
runamuck
• • • • • •
[X]
p.2 #3 · p.2 #3 · XQD cards

I DO own 2 XQD cards. Please try to keep up.

The UHSII slot has been throttled back in firmware to UHSI to avoid errors.

Nov 12, 2017 at 03:15 PM
sjms
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #4 · p.2 #4 · XQD cards

WOW!!!. i did remember you getting the original and grumbling about it. but 2 now? i'm impressed.

the controller in the the SD portion of the camera only throttles back if it does see a data error it is not a full time permanent situation. shut off camera and it resets to original speeds if there was a fault. that issue was primarily based on the Lexar 2000x UHS-II card and a few others like transcend have faulted too. no reported issues with the SanDisk UHS-II version . please try to keep up too.

current firmware version is 1.13

i have both the 2000x Lexar card in both my D850 and D500. they really get very little use at all.

Nov 12, 2017 at 03:51 PM
Blakehfreeman
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #5 · p.2 #5 · XQD cards

I've heard mentioned that the D500 SD card slot is UHS-II but Nikon USA doesn't meantion it in the specs... as they do on the D850 spec sheet. Where are we getting the info on the slot being UHS-II compliant?

Nov 12, 2017 at 05:02 PM
RoyC
• • •
p.2 #6 · p.2 #6 · XQD cards

Blakehfreeman wrote:
I've heard mentioned that the D500 SD card slot is UHS-II but Nikon USA doesn't meantion it in the specs... as they do on the D850 spec sheet. Where are we getting the info on the slot being UHS-II compliant?

The Tech specifications. page 363 within user manual.

Nov 12, 2017 at 06:32 PM
Blakehfreeman
• • •
p.2 #7 · p.2 #7 · XQD cards

Thanks! I'm a old fashioned guy... I was told to toss out user manuals whenever I got one .

RoyC wrote:
The Tech specifications. page 363 within user manual.

Nov 12, 2017 at 09:45 PM
       end

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.