FM Forum Rules
Wedding Resource List

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

Flashpoint R2 Transmitter

mineymole
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Flashpoint R2 Transmitter

I use the Godox/Flashpoint system and have purchased the R2 Transmitter. My understanding is that I can use my Nikon flash on top in TTL mode (if I wish). However, I cannot get this to function.

Anyone know why?

Nov 07, 2017 at 02:32 PM
S-Man23
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Flashpoint R2 Transmitter

I use the Cheetah branded version of this and never could get my SB-910 to work properly on top of it. The Manual says to set the flash to "M" and use it like that. http://cheetahstand.net/download/Cheetahstand%20X1N.pdf (See pg. 9 par. 2)
I've since sold my Nikon Flashes and went all Cheetah, but I seem to recall that there when you mount a flash to the transmitter on top of your camera there's an "M" group that pops up. Try setting this to TTL. In my experience it wasn't consistent or reliable.

Nov 07, 2017 at 07:32 PM
BSPhotog
• • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Flashpoint R2 Transmitter

I used Nikon TTL lights on top of my Cactus V6 transceivers on camera before I switched to Godox. Though it worked, it was sketchy. It is just a process of the trigger slowly breaking between the weight of the speedlight and the camera hot shoe. Even if you get it to work, I don't recommend it.

I switched to the Godox system for integrated wireless triggering from a TTL capable on camera master speedlight.

Nov 07, 2017 at 07:51 PM
mineymole
• • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Flashpoint R2 Transmitter

Thanks guys. While the Godox flashes work on my Nikons I do have connection issues with the d750 hot shoe which I donít with the Nikon flash.

Nov 08, 2017 at 02:20 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

BSPhotog
• • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Flashpoint R2 Transmitter

mineymole wrote:
Thanks guys. While the Godox flashes work on my Nikons I do have connection issues with the d750 hot shoe which I donít with the Nikon flash.

I had a makeshift solution with the cactus triggers where I used a cable out fo the SB900 PC-SYNC port into the trigger (mounted to the side of the flash). It worked just fine and it made the whole rig a little less flimsy.

Nov 08, 2017 at 03:58 PM
FrancisK7
• • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Flashpoint R2 Transmitter

I never managed to make a flash work in TTL on top of a R2 X1T transmitter so I use a flash as commander instead and turn it on with TTL if I need to.

Nov 08, 2017 at 04:29 PM
MazeRunner
• • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Flashpoint R2 Transmitter

For the R2 transmitter, you need to toggle the forward switch on the right side, and also you need to enable the "M" group on the back screen (it's the group above the A/B/C/D/E group). The "M" group is the one for the on-top-of-R2 flash.

You can adjust flash compensation if TTL or manual off the transmitter as well to your SB-910 attached.

Tip: Although the Godox/Flashpoint flash can flash and transmit at the same time, the AF-assist beam sometimes pops up in the photo, so using the SB-910 on top of the R2 is advisable if it'll be dark and you want to be sure your focus is spot-on. Using the SB-910, the assist beam (the red lights) won't pop up in your photos.

Nov 13, 2017 at 06:28 AM
MRomine
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Flashpoint R2 Transmitter

mineymole wrote:

Assuming that the hot shoe is not loose, this is a frequent issue with the D750. When you slide the flash in, give it a twist to the left before you tighten it down and you should be fine.

Nov 13, 2017 at 09:55 PM

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username     Reset password