New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

5DIV Shutter Button Question

msalvetti
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · 5DIV Shutter Button Question

I just bought a 5DIV, and immediately noticed that the shutter button is different from all my other cameras.

In all my other bodies, the button stands proud of the finger rest. On this 5DIV, the button is slightly recessed. The edge of the button is actually below the level of the body.

Is this normal? I don't like it, I can see this might make it harder to use with gloves. I bought the camera locally, so I may take it back tonight and see how it compares to another 5DIV.

Thanks,

Mark

Nov 06, 2017 at 11:41 PM
Pixel Perfect
• • • • • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · 5DIV Shutter Button Question

No it should be the same, slightly raised. The spring has probably collapsed a little.

This is what it should look like

Nov 06, 2017 at 11:54 PM
msalvetti
• • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · 5DIV Shutter Button Question

Thanks Whayne, that's what I thought. OK, back I go. Fortunately the store is only 20 minutes away.

Mark

Nov 06, 2017 at 11:59 PM
msalvetti
• • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · 5DIV Shutter Button Question

Well that was interesting. I went back to the store. First we checked out their demo 5DIV, and that shutter button was what I expected.

They brought out a new body, and that had a shutter button that was even more depressed into the body than mine. Checked a second, same thing. Brought out their last new body, and that button was better than mine, but still not as tall as the demo.

So I decided to exchange mine for that third new body. I suppose I'll get used to it.

Mark

Nov 07, 2017 at 01:05 AM

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username     Reset password