New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Photo Critique | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2017 · From stone to wood

lighthound
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · From stone to wood

What can I say, I was on a bridge kick yesterday.

Some of you may recognize this bridge from a few years ago. I think that last ones I posted here was after an unusual snow storm.

Very difficult to find a good comp on this bridge that doesn't include non-desirable things. I went with this one as I found the dirt/mud the least bothersome of said non-desirables.

Dave

Campbells Bridge

Edited on Nov 06, 2017 at 03:45 PM · View previous versions

Nov 06, 2017 at 03:02 PM
ben egbert
• • • • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · From stone to wood

I love old covered bridges, but always finds all sorts of ugly signs around them. This one is really clean and I love the inclusion of the fall color, especially red.

Nov 06, 2017 at 03:30 PM
RustyBug
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · From stone to wood

So, how's that new glass treatin' ya.

Red channel looks blown (255) in those leaves right of the bridge. Might want to pull back just a touch if you raised the "punch" pushing it to 255. Dirt looks a tad bit "red" on my end, as well. Guessing they're related.

Otherwise, has a serenely vibrant vibe.

Nov 07, 2017 at 08:37 AM
lighthound
• • • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · From stone to wood

ben egbert wrote:
I love old covered bridges, but always finds all sorts of ugly signs around them. This one is really clean and I love the inclusion of the fall color, especially red.

I'm right there with ya Ben. Love these old bridges and thankfully the ugly signs are placed on the other side and also just off the to right of this frame.

Dave
---------------------------------------------

RustyBug wrote:
So, how's that new glass treatin' ya.

Red channel looks blown (255) in those leaves right of the bridge. Might want to pull back just a touch if you raised the "punch" pushing it to 255. Dirt looks a tad bit "red" on my end, as well. Guessing they're related.

Otherwise, has a serenely vibrant vibe.

I was hoping you would comment on this one Kent. I took a chance at completely messing this up by using a selective brush and hitting all the dirt on in the FG with a cooler WB adjustment because it looked too red even to me. I wasn't sure if that was a good idea because as you probably know, our dirt down here is a very nasty orange/red clay and it discolors everything it touches, including little white dogs.

And yep, guilty as charged on the blown red leaves. I did bump them a little but apparently got a little too crazy on the bump factor. Need to fix this and will try a global red adjustment.

Dave

Nov 07, 2017 at 09:11 AM
RustyBug
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · From stone to wood

After your "pullback" ... if the dirt still looks "too red", I'd probably just desat it a little bit and retain the natural color, just less punchy than the barn or leaves, etc. (first vs. changing to a cooler WB)

Nov 07, 2017 at 09:22 AM

FM Forums | Photo Critique | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.