New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Micro Four Thirds Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2017 · Sell 300/4 for RX10 IV?

nandadevieast
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Sell 300/4 for RX10 IV?

Guys, before you say nonsense, let me explain.
I don’t shoot 🦅, though wanted to do it which is why I bought it...my 300/4 has not captured a single bird yet. I have shot some macro, some landscape, even people, but not birds.

Another issue is weight. Yet another failure trying to fight the weight demon.

Just thinking to move my tele priorities to RX10 IV. It is an all in one camera going to 600mm, and has a 1 inch sensor, same as RX100 Series.

Feeling a bit stupid with this thought, though I know I will end up taking far more pictures with the Sony because of less weight and all in one-ness.

Sony has a 220mm lens = 600mm
F4 = F10.8
So it’s one stop behind the 300/4.

Any thoughts?

Nov 06, 2017 at 01:39 PM
Wilbus
• • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Sell 300/4 for RX10 IV?

Sounds like you've made up your mind already and with some good reasons for that. The Sony of course, won't touch the Olympus as far as image quality goes, or speed for the most part but then again, a 300mm, no matter how good, if not used, won't be very good

Go for it if you don't use the 300 as much as you like. But think about it some more so you don't regret it after a week.

Nov 06, 2017 at 04:08 PM
bobbytan
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Sell 300/4 for RX10 IV?

If you don’t find yourself using the 300/4 much, consider selling it and wait for the new PL 200/2.8 to be announced on Nov 8. 400mm @ f2.8 is nice. I want one!

Nov 07, 2017 at 01:32 AM
nandadevieast
• • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Sell 300/4 for RX10 IV?

What a lovely news Bobby. Definitely a more useable FL for non birders. It still doesn’t solve it for me I think though I will wait for weight specs.

bobbytan wrote:
If you don’t find yourself using the 300/4 much, consider selling it and wait for the new PL 200/2.8 to be announced on Nov 8. 400mm @ f2.8 is nice. I want one!

Nov 07, 2017 at 10:28 AM
bobbytan
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Sell 300/4 for RX10 IV?

It should be smaller and lighter. I am surprised that weight is a big deal to you. I could shoot with the 300/4 on the E-M1.2 all day without a problem ... and I am an old fart!

nandadevieast wrote:
What a lovely news Bobby. Definitely a more useable FL for non birders. It still doesn’t solve it for me I think though I will wait for weight specs.

Nov 07, 2017 at 11:23 AM
nandadevieast
• • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Sell 300/4 for RX10 IV?

Weight plays a role when I decide what to carry for travel and it quickly adds up. Total weight of my bag becomes too much to enjoy and lug around. Also long hikes it’s not possible to take heavy gear. You end up leaving the niche stuff Home. My photography always happens during travel mostly in himalayas. Unique places I can reach on foot is inversely proportional to how much weight I carry. When I find something to photograph, I am almost always without the ideal gear to photograph it. In fact the reason I bought into M43 was weight, mainly prompted by the launch of 12-100 Pro.
RX10 is a tempting camera. See Juri Krustok’s work with RX...google it.
Also I dislike to keep and carry what I don’t use, not just in gear but generally speaking also.

bobbytan wrote:
It should be smaller and lighter. I am surprised that weight is a big deal to you. I could shoot with the 300/4 on the E-M1.2 all day without a problem ... and I am an old fart!

Nov 07, 2017 at 03:20 PM

FM Forums | Micro Four Thirds Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.