Landscape Posting Guidelines

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

Big Dipper over Smith Rocks

Aaron Macomber
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Big Dipper over Smith Rocks

Hi all,

Been a long time... Have been re-energizing myself in the creative department lately, and figured I'd start sharing again. I left a few years ago after someone stole a bunch of my images and was re-posting them etc. Being adverse to drama, I just decided to leave. At any rate, I'm back and hope to avoid that happening again. This was a 25 second exposure with my 16-35 f/4, and 6D. I had hoped to give my new skyguider a test run, but the moon was so bright I couldnt see polaris through the scope. Decided to just do some ambient light work instead. Hope you enjoy!

Have a great Monday!

Aaron

Nov 06, 2017 at 05:19 PM
01Ryan10
• •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Big Dipper over Smith Rocks

Nice moonlit landscape. I would prefer to see the Big Dipper a bit higher in the sky.

In regards to star trackers...For anything <35mm, just point the thing in the general vicinity of Polaris. It doesn't have to be even close to exact. You can get perfect looking star dots at less than 2 mins.

I have the 6D and 16-35 F/4. It is just a little too heavy for my iOptron when pointed in certain directions. The weight pulls on the motor and causes trailing. For this reason, I need to get a counter balance.

I've put my 6D and 35mm F/2 IS on my iOptron, pointed in the vicinity of Polaris and at F/5.6 for 2 mins...WOW! pin points of light at ISO 3200.

Nov 06, 2017 at 05:31 PM
Aaron Macomber
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Big Dipper over Smith Rocks

Great advice, thanks! I did get the new Skyguider pro and the counterweight. I was unable to raise the big dipper

Nov 06, 2017 at 05:33 PM

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username     Reset password