New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2017 · Water Maiden

willmeades
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Water Maiden

I got to do a little fun shoot with my favorite (I’m not a model) model this past Saturday. It was a little on the cool side, but she’s such a trooper!

Nov 06, 2017 at 11:46 AM
Danpbphoto
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Water Maiden

Love 3&4!!! The suns rays..the clothing contrast with surroundings.....very nice...I am not a portrait photographer because this fair skinned, beautiful lady and the white dress and lighting would cause me problems with exposures.
Nice work!
Dan

Nov 07, 2017 at 07:59 AM
willmeades
• •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Water Maiden

Danpbphoto wrote:
Love 3&4!!! The suns rays..the clothing contrast with surroundings.....very nice...I am not a portrait photographer because this fair skinned, beautiful lady and the white dress and lighting would cause me problems with exposures.
Nice work!
Dan

It was a little bit of a challenge, but that is what’s great about working with Amber. She understands that I am testing things out as we go and is willing to put in the time to make me better and deliver her some nice photos as well.
thanks
Willard

Nov 07, 2017 at 08:24 AM
Danpbphoto
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Water Maiden

willmeades wrote:
It was a little bit of a challenge, but that is what’s great about working with Amber. She understands that I am testing things out as we go and is willing to put in the time to make me better and deliver her some nice photos as well.
thanks
Willard

That is what it is all about Willard!!!! Getting better! Each shot for me is a learning process. I am my own worse critic!
Good job, great attitude!!
Dan

Nov 07, 2017 at 08:29 AM
willmeades
• •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Water Maiden

Danpbphoto wrote:
That is what it is all about Willard!!!! Getting better! Each shot for me is a learning process. I am my own worse critic!
Good job, great attitude!!
Dan

“I am my own worst critic” - me too!

Nov 07, 2017 at 08:54 AM
Medowlark
• • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Water Maiden

Very nice work... Hard to pick a favorite here. Lovely model.

Nov 07, 2017 at 09:04 AM
film_4ever
• • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Water Maiden

Very nice set! You did a great job with the flash on images 1 and 2. Nice balance of flash plus ambient light. The flash on image 2 is superb. Image 1 may be cropped just a little tight. I didn't realize she was in the water until examining the image a second time.

Nice job capturing the sun rays in images 3 and 4. Image 4 is a bit dark on my monitor. I like image 4, but I think if the model had eye contact with the camera it might have been better.

Nice location, and great to have such a willing model to wade out in the cold water for you.

I think my favorites are 1 & 3.

Great images. Thanks for sharing.

Nov 07, 2017 at 11:14 AM
willmeades
• •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Water Maiden

film_4ever wrote:
Very nice set! You did a great job with the flash on images 1 and 2. Nice balance of flash plus ambient light. The flash on image 2 is superb. Image 1 may be cropped just a little tight. I didn't realize she was in the water until examining the image a second time.

Nice job capturing the sun rays in images 3 and 4. Image 4 is a bit dark on my monitor. I like image 4, but I think if the model had eye contact with the camera it might have been better.

Nice location, and great to
...Show more

thanks for the detailed feedback! Amber is very patient with me. We were both a little cold in the water! The ambient temp was about 60F, water closer to 45F.

Nov 08, 2017 at 07:18 PM
willmeades
• •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Water Maiden

Medowlark wrote:
Very nice work... Hard to pick a favorite here. Lovely model.

thanks....Amber makes photographing her very easy! Beautiful inside and out!

Nov 12, 2017 at 11:33 AM

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.