New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Fuji Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Adapting Nikon AI lens to Fuji X-mount

Trombadave

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Adapting Nikon AI lens to Fuji X-mount

I have been adapting several modern and vintage lenses to my Fuji xt2 with success until recently. The m42 mount adapters have worked fantastic on vintage lenses. My adapter for my modern Canon lens has worked well. I recently bought a Nikon adapter for a Nikkor 105mm f2.5 AI for my Fuji but the adapter didn't work. I thought I bought the correct one. I bought the Nikon G to Fuji X. Can anyone point me towards the correct lens mount before I waste more money. I thought I researched it correctly but apparently I did not. The adapter I purchased mounted to the Fuji fine. The Nikkor lens I thought fit but it wouldn't quite click into place to stay on the adapter. Also, to Nikkor AI, AIS, and Non-Ai have one mount or are they all different? I am new to Nikkor lenses.

Thanks in advance for your time.

Dave

Nov 06, 2017 at 02:35 PM
rdeloe
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Adapting Nikon AI lens to Fuji X-mount

Sounds like you need a Nikon F mount adapter. Here's a nice overview of all the various Nikon mounts: https://www.dpreview.com/articles/6287665194/understanding-old-nikon-lenses-ai-ai-s-af-and-af-s

Nov 06, 2017 at 04:09 PM
molson
• • • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Adapting Nikon AI lens to Fuji X-mount

Trombadave wrote:
I have been adapting several modern and vintage lenses to my Fuji xt2 with success until recently. The m42 mount adapters have worked fantastic on vintage lenses. My adapter for my modern Canon lens has worked well. I recently bought a Nikon adapter for a Nikkor 105mm f2.5 AI for my Fuji but the adapter didn't work. I thought I bought the correct one. I bought the Nikon G to Fuji X. Can anyone point me towards the correct lens mount before I waste more money. I thought I researched it correctly but apparently I did not. The adapter I
...Show more

For Nikon AI and AIS lenses, it doesn't really matter if you get a G or F mount adapter, the mounting flange is exactly the same. If your lens won't lock in place, it's a defect in the adapter (or your lens is damaged, but that's much less likely...)

Nov 06, 2017 at 04:14 PM
gyoung143
• •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Adapting Nikon AI lens to Fuji X-mount

I've had one or two adapters where the pin that locks into place into the lens flange has either a burr at the end or is slightly generous in diameter. A quick rub round the end of the pin with a small file has always done the trick.
The advantage of the G type adapters with an F mount lens with an aperture ring is that the aperture control on the adapter can be used as a 'preset' aperture.

Gerry

Nov 06, 2017 at 04:33 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

burgsports

p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Adapting Nikon AI lens to Fuji X-mount

I may be late to the party, but I purchased this for adapting my 50mm 1.8 Ai to my X-T2 and it works great:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00OONK89W/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Nov 13, 2017 at 08:18 PM
gyoung143
• •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Adapting Nikon AI lens to Fuji X-mount

burgsports wrote:
I may be late to the party, but I purchased this for adapting my 50mm 1.8 Ai to my X-T2 and it works great:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00OONK89W/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Thats the one I have.

Gerry

Nov 13, 2017 at 11:13 PM
Trombadave

p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Adapting Nikon AI lens to Fuji X-mount

Unfortunaely, that is the adapter I bought and for whatever reason, it doesn’t lock into place w the lens. Just when I think the lens is about to click into place it stops. The lens could actually fall out if I tried to pick up the camera.

Nov 19, 2017 at 04:39 AM
gyoung143
• •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Adapting Nikon AI lens to Fuji X-mount

I shouuld return it if you can't see whats causing it, I have two of them, one for Fuji and an older one for Sony E mount, and both are good (but heavy!).
Like most I had to shim them to get correct infinity focus at the hard stop on the lenses.

Gerry

Nov 19, 2017 at 09:50 AM

FM Forums | Fuji Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username     Reset password