1       2       3      
       end

Alternatives to Adobe products -- excellent resource

butchM
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.4 #1 · p.4 #1 · Alternatives to Adobe products -- excellent resource

chez wrote:
Butch, like I already stated I have not dug too deeply into alternatives...nothing is pushing me at the moment to do so and I got better things to do in life that play with software.

Are your 'better things to do in life' convincing those looking for an alternative to Adobe products they are wrong?

Nov 09, 2017 at 10:44 PM
Zenon Char
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.4 #2 · p.4 #2 · Alternatives to Adobe products -- excellent resource

dmacmillan wrote:
I found this and this interesting.

I may download a trial and see for myself. I'd love to see the difference in the rendering of RAW files and I like what I'm seeing regarding the color correction tool.

There are two areas of concern for me. The second article discusses transitioning, with the recommendation that the cleanest way is just to start fresh. I have assets going back to 2002 and thinking about transitioning is daunting.

It is also mentioned that Capture One doesn't support PSD files. The article states "4.Certain file types (such as Photoshop’s .PSD files) will NOT show up
...Show more

And there is this.

5. My boss told me I had to

Shortly after I was hired at Capture Integration to run its Software Training (for Capture One Pro) and Software Support, our CEO Dave Gallagher caught me working in Lightroom while on our flight to my Phase One Certified Professional (POCP) training.

It is very good. I very close but after doing several comparisons I did not see a $300 and pending upgrade difference. I posted a few back to back images and people couldn't tell the difference. I did little with LR as I have my own defaults apply.

The biggest difference is Capture looks much better out of the box compared to LR. You could almost export the file as is so there are a lot of adjustments done for you.

Let us know how you make out with it. Very curious.

Nov 09, 2017 at 10:48 PM
Tim Knutson
• • •
p.4 #3 · p.4 #3 · Alternatives to Adobe products -- excellent resource

dmacmillan wrote:
Feel free to jump in anytime and list the alternative software you use and why you prefer it.

I am using Faststone as a browser, because I have no use for the catalog system in LR, and prefer not to use it. I do 90% of my edits in On1. Occasionally Affinity, Nik, and some DXO viewpoint, and occasionally do bounce something into LR.

I was in an all Adobe workflow, but they have seen my last dime. Their products are all pretty good, and I will continue to use what I own till it quits, but I will simply not commit to give them 1200.00 plus over the next 10 years on a rental basis.

Nov 09, 2017 at 11:54 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

gdanmitchell
• • • • • •
p.4 #4 · p.4 #4 · Alternatives to Adobe products -- excellent resource

That was my point. I thought an earlier post suggested that this feature is unique to Capture One.

Nick Birkett wrote:
Capture One offers the same workflow. Right click on an image and select 'Edit with'. This lets you open a Capture One image in Photoshop (or any other image editor on your computer). Close the file when you are done editing and it is returned to Capture One. It creates a new variant in Capture One which will be either a TIFF or PSD file (your choice). This is essentially the same workflow as in LR.

Nov 10, 2017 at 02:54 AM
Nick Birkett

p.4 #5 · p.4 #5 · Alternatives to Adobe products -- excellent resource

gdanmitchell wrote:
That was my point. I thought an earlier post suggested that this feature is unique to Capture One.

Sorry, my post may have been unclear. I was trying to say that both LightRoom and Capture One provide for round-tripping to Photoshop and other software.

Nov 10, 2017 at 03:12 AM
gdanmitchell
• • • • • •
p.4 #6 · p.4 #6 · Alternatives to Adobe products -- excellent resource

^^^

Sounds like we're on the same page after all. :-)

Nov 10, 2017 at 05:02 AM
1       2       3      
       end

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3      
       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username     Reset password