FM Forums | Sony Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3      
       end

Selling Nikon D500+200-500 to buy a Sony 100-400 G

bs kite
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.4 #1 · p.4 #1 · Selling Nikon D500+200-500 to buy a Sony 100-400 G

Appreciate your good attitude. Lately, I have found myself going overboard with sharpening and having to cut back.

And it wasn't until yesterday I realized that some images I should not sharpen at all.

Good light !

Frogfish wrote:
You are right! I think. They look fine on my monitor at home but once uploaded to SmugMug and then linked to here I think sharpening algorithms are involved and we end up with - over sharpened pics. Trial and error I guess and I can't be arsed going through the process of uploading various levels of sharpened pics at the moment to find the right level - but I do appreciate your heads up! Cheers!

Edited on Nov 08, 2017 at 05:34 PM · View previous versions

Nov 08, 2017 at 12:45 AM
freaklikeme
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.4 #2 · p.4 #2 · Selling Nikon D500+200-500 to buy a Sony 100-400 G

Frogfish wrote:
Do you mean you have the Kolari cover glass modification on the sensor ? I don't, so that isn't a factor I need to take into consideration and I won't be having it done as I'm very happy with the results from my WA lenses. Great info thanks !

Anytime. And, yes, the Kolari mod. I love RF lenses, but I don't care much for Leica's digital offerings, so I did it. And if I had just wanted a max of 400, the 100-400 alone wasn't bad (just expensive). It wasn't until I added the extender that the FC got bad. The Nikon worked out great so far as image quality on the modded sensor, and had the VR worked out well on the Vello adapter, then I'd probably still have it.

The 200-500's an exceptional lens, particularly given what you have to pay Sony just to equal its performance. You get a lighter, easier to pack lens for that differential, but you also get the hassle and expense of dealing with a teleconverter to match the reach. You may be better off hanging on to the D500 until there's a better adapter for the lens.

Nov 08, 2017 at 05:26 AM
1       2       3      
       end

FM Forums | Sony Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3      
       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username     Reset password