FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2      
       end

Archive 2017 · DSLR for Maui Vacation

chez
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.3 #1 · p.3 #1 · DSLR for Maui Vacation

Until we know what you like to shoot...it's premature to suggest any gear. I travel to Kauai a couple times a year and shoot landscapes / seascapes and bring my gear for this. This gear is totally different than when I travel to places like SEA where I shoot street / people.

So until we really understand what you plan on shooting...all these suggestions are just noise.

Let us in and you'll get much more out.

Nov 14, 2017 at 08:05 PM
bobmcg
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.3 #2 · p.3 #2 · DSLR for Maui Vacation

la puffin wrote:
BSPhotog - Thank you for taking the time to help me with my questions. The AF seems to be the real issue, but for a vacation, I'm hoping it'll be OK. There's a trade off with most things, so this will be the big one for me. If I was going into outer space, I'd take the D5, but for Maui - at least I'll look cool

Thanks again.

I think one also has to account that for what constitutes "low-light" may be different for some people than others. I think the Df does just fine in what i would consider to be "low light" (though certainly not for action/wildlife). No, its not the D500 but, given the high ISO, i think it performs fine for what I think you want to use it for (still, street, etc.)r. Report back on your use -- we will all be interested to see how you like it.

I will, of course, take this as yet another opportunity to vent about the lack of a split-focus screen to assist in manual focus. That has never made sense.

Nov 14, 2017 at 08:30 PM
1       2      
       end

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2      
       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.