New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Trip Location Advice & Meet-ups | Join Upload & Sell

Wildlife photography in Jupiter Florida

coppertop
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Wildlife photography in Jupiter Florida

For the longest time our family has vacationed in Gulf Shores, Alabama and while the wife and kids visited the beach, I chased wildlife with my camera. I discovered an area near the Bon Secure Wildlife Refuge that was always populated with Heron, Egrets and Osprey.

We are now in a position to visit Jupiter, Florida several times a year. Can anyone recommend locations in or near Jupiter that are camera friendly for chasing wildlife? I know there's a marine wildlife center in the area but that mainly deals with turtles and such. There's also a good bit of protected areas but I'm not sure they are publicly accessible.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Nov 05, 2017 at 02:08 AM
rjb6893
• • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Wildlife photography in Jupiter Florida

Midwestern snowbird here, so I hope some FL locals will chime in. There are numerous state, county, and local parks & preserves north of Jupiter and east of the Turnpike/I95 - no fees in most. I especially like wandering in the long preserves stretching north from Jensen Beach to Ft. Pierce. Beaches on Hutchinson Island and Hobe Sound are also worthwhile. Have fun!

Nov 05, 2017 at 06:12 PM
stanparker
• • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Wildlife photography in Jupiter Florida

Lots of parks/preserves in that area. http://www.auduboneverglades.org/birds/where-do-you-want-to-go-birding-today/

I have been to Green Cay and Loxahatchee, both good, and one other I can't remember the name.

When I go to a new area, I Google "Birding Hotspots" and usually get good results.

Nov 06, 2017 at 09:21 PM
coppertop
• • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Wildlife photography in Jupiter Florida

Thanks for the suggestions.

Nov 09, 2017 at 08:41 PM

FM Forums | Trip Location Advice & Meet-ups | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username     Reset password