New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2017 · Beware of BenQ BL2420PT

slrl0ver
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Beware of BenQ BL2420PT

I've been meaning to post this for awhile now...

I ordered two Benq BL2420PT since I wanted 2560 x 1440 in a 24" form factor ; I've found anything >24" is tough for dual monitor. I got these more for CAD & engineering work than photography but was hoping to dual-purpose them.

The first pair I ordered (new, Amazon) had severe "blotching" -- if you can imagine swapping the white and yellow from an egg, the screen had that kind of color/brightness distribution. There was also a really odd speckling, like a coating hadn't been removed, and it was more prominent on one of the two monitors. I sent them back and asked for a replacement.

The second pair is definitely better, but there are noticeable color shifts, the color & brightness isn't even (it's still kinda like an inverted egg with respect to brightness/color). I've relegated the monitors for CAD/engineering work only, I wouldn't trust them for photography related matters.

I think Dell uses the same AU Optronics panel in their 24" / 2560x1440 monitor.

Last: I was worried if 2560x1440 on 24" would be too small on Win7 without resolution scaling and I actually didn't find it to be a problem.

FYI only.

Nov 04, 2017 at 08:21 PM

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.