New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

3       end

Tiny Dancer (added B&W conversion)

friscoron
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #1 · p.2 #1 · Tiny Dancer (added B&W conversion)

Lisa_Holloway wrote:
Oh I love it!!! Great shot Ron!

Thanks, Lisa!

Nov 06, 2017 at 03:41 AM
friscoron
• • • • •
p.2 #2 · p.2 #2 · Tiny Dancer (added B&W conversion)

Jonathan Brady wrote:
Love it, Ron! Well done, man!!!

Thanks, Jonathan!

Nov 06, 2017 at 03:42 AM
Dave 1234
• •
p.2 #3 · p.2 #3 · Tiny Dancer (added B&W conversion)

What a beautiful picture, Ron! I love the background, and the dancer is gorgeous.

Nov 06, 2017 at 04:14 AM
airfrogusmc
• • • • •
p.2 #4 · p.2 #4 · Tiny Dancer (added B&W conversion)

Ron, there no right or wrong with this one only what you prefer just when something does lend itself to B&W I tend to see it that way ha ha and this is something that could work well either way. Just saying t is one of those rare images that could work very well either way.

Nov 06, 2017 at 01:22 PM
friscoron
• • • • •
p.2 #5 · p.2 #5 · Tiny Dancer (added B&W conversion)

Dave 1234 wrote:
What a beautiful picture, Ron! I love the background, and the dancer is gorgeous.

Thanks so much, Dave!

Nov 06, 2017 at 02:23 PM
friscoron
• • • • •
p.2 #6 · p.2 #6 · Tiny Dancer (added B&W conversion)

airfrogusmc wrote:
Ron, there no right or wrong with this one only what you prefer just when something does lend itself to B&W I tend to see it that way ha ha and this is something that could work well either way. Just saying t is one of those rare images that could work very well either way.

Yeah, I don't disagree. I often think about whether a pic would convert nicely to B&W or not. I love B&W, but I am much more of a color photographer.

Nov 06, 2017 at 02:24 PM
gregfixit
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #7 · p.2 #7 · Tiny Dancer (added B&W conversion)

Great concept and execution Ron.I love everything about this photo.
Had to vote for this one.

Greg

Nov 06, 2017 at 02:59 PM
airfrogusmc
• • • • •
p.2 #8 · p.2 #8 · Tiny Dancer (added B&W conversion)

friscoron wrote:
Yeah, I don't disagree. I often think about whether a pic would convert nicely to B&W or not. I love B&W, but I am much more of a color photographer.

Yes I agree with you being a color photographer and it is wonderful as is and if thats the way you saw it then that is the way it should be for sure.

And I also voted for this one.

BTW just to be clear I wasn't suggesting to change the image to B&W only that it was one of those images that could work in B&W also.

Nov 06, 2017 at 03:51 PM
Arka
• • • • • •
p.2 #9 · p.2 #9 · Tiny Dancer (added B&W conversion)

I really like airfrogusmc's suggestion to try a monochrome conversion. I think that would further accentuate the really effective overall read and composition. As it stands now the greens feel a bit too bright and almost radioactive.

As seen at this size, I find it the image to be read very well - it grabs me right away, tells the story quickly, and makes me want to look deeper and longer. When I stick my nose up to it, though, it looks like you've applied some Orton effective and/or selective blurring in the background and the base of the dress. Could be web compression artifacts, I'm not sure.

The concept is realized quite beautifully though.

Nov 06, 2017 at 08:50 PM
poshyp
• •
p.2 #10 · p.2 #10 · Tiny Dancer (added B&W conversion)

Very, very nice.

Nov 07, 2017 at 01:38 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

friscoron
• • • • •
p.2 #11 · p.2 #11 · Tiny Dancer (added B&W conversion)

airfrogusmc wrote:
BTW just to be clear I wasn't suggesting to change the image to B&W only that it was one of those images that could work in B&W also.

totally understood, and still agree. I might convert it and post it here.

Nov 07, 2017 at 03:49 AM
friscoron
• • • • •
p.2 #12 · p.2 #12 · Tiny Dancer (added B&W conversion)

Arka wrote:
I really like airfrogusmc's suggestion to try a monochrome conversion. I think that would further accentuate the really effective overall read and composition. As it stands now the greens feel a bit too bright and almost radioactive.

As seen at this size, I find it the image to be read very well - it grabs me right away, tells the story quickly, and makes me want to look deeper and longer. When I stick my nose up to it, though, it looks like you've applied some Orton effective and/or selective blurring in the background and the base of the dress.
...Show more

Thanks for your comments.

It's kind of hard to explain because a lot of what I come up with is experimental. I created this PS action that adds a glowy effect and I applied it to the foliage. Then I did some weird stuff with that same action. In effect, it didn't just make it glowy or blurry but created this artsy edgy glowy blurry look to the foliage, and I just really liked it.

The dress has no blur added to it, but the dress is made up of three different parts of the dress, as when I did the shot, the dress was bunched up to one side. It actually looked really good like that, and I knew immediately what I was going to do with it. If I had fixed the dress, it wouldn't have been as thick as I wanted it to be.

Nov 07, 2017 at 03:54 AM
friscoron
• • • • •
p.2 #13 · p.2 #13 · Tiny Dancer (added B&W conversion)

gregfixit wrote:
Great concept and execution Ron.I love everything about this photo.
Had to vote for this one.

Greg

Thanks so much, Greg!

Nov 07, 2017 at 03:55 AM
friscoron
• • • • •
p.2 #14 · p.2 #14 · Tiny Dancer (added B&W conversion)

poshyp wrote:
Very, very nice.

Thanks!

Nov 07, 2017 at 03:55 AM
Danpbphoto
• • • • • •
p.2 #15 · p.2 #15 · Tiny Dancer (added B&W conversion)

Ron, Subject title reminded me of the Elton John song..."Ballerina, you must have seen her dancing in the sand
And now she's in me, always with me, tiny dancer in my hand"
Great composition....
And I agree with Allen's take on your post!
Dan

Nov 07, 2017 at 12:52 PM
friscoron
• • • • •
p.2 #16 · p.2 #16 · Tiny Dancer (added B&W conversion)

Danpbphoto wrote:
Ron, Subject title reminded me of the Elton John song..."Ballerina, you must have seen her dancing in the sand
And now she's in me, always with me, tiny dancer in my hand"
Great composition....
And I agree with Allen's take on your post!
Dan

Thanks, Dan! i think this is the second time I've used that as a subject title. Obviously, I'm photographing dancers all the time, but every now and then I work with a little one (compared to the adults I usually work with) and then of course, love that song.

Nov 07, 2017 at 02:42 PM
nextelbuddy
• • •
p.2 #17 · p.2 #17 · Tiny Dancer (added B&W conversion)

such a beautiful ethereal feel to it.

Nov 07, 2017 at 05:56 PM
friscoron
• • • • •
p.2 #18 · p.2 #18 · Tiny Dancer (added B&W conversion)

nextelbuddy wrote:
such a beautiful ethereal feel to it.

Thanks, Shawn. That's exactly the feel I was going for.

Nov 08, 2017 at 01:41 AM
friscoron
• • • • •
p.2 #19 · p.2 #19 · Tiny Dancer (added B&W conversion)

airfrogusmc wrote:
Good decisions here Ron. Framing, pose, cloths, and execution, starting out the way the dress mimics the foliage and the arms mimic the branches. All elements seem to be in synch and working well together. It would be very nice in B&W to. It's monochromatic as is (in the true since of the word with it being pretty much green and white instead of B&W).

Curious what you think of this, Allen. I lost the edges of the road but I kind of like that it no longer is evidently a road that she is on.

Nov 10, 2017 at 03:23 PM
ucphotog
• • •
p.2 #20 · p.2 #20 · Tiny Dancer (added B&W conversion)

The BW and color are such different takes on a single image. Rarely do I like a BW better, but I'm leaning that way this time. Perhaps because it is more of a silhouette? Certainly the higher contrast works as well.

Thanks for sharing.

Dave

Nov 11, 2017 at 08:14 PM
       3       end

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

3       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username     Reset password