Home · Register · Software · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Sony Forum | Join Upload & Sell

end

Any canon users moved to sony please advice.

chiron
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #1 · p.2 #1 · Any canon users moved to sony please advice.

Jonathan Brady wrote:
You know... I'm not sure what was happening that night I tested it out at that wedding, but there was definitely a small delay. I'm playing with it now and there's no delay at all. And I can't figure out why it was happening before... Weird. The only thing I could come up with is that possibly (POSSIBLY) it was more of an AF acquisition issue than a flash issue. I have my camera set for focus priority and the light levels were lower (as we were at a wedding reception) and now that I'm testing it, although I'm
...Show more

It may be that what you say about slow focusing was the problem that caused a slight delay. Someone will correct me if I am wrong--and I never use flash so this is second hand knowledge on my part--but I believe the AF assist light on flashes does not operate with Sony mirrorless (and perhaps does not operate with any mirrorless) cameras--and this would certainly slow down focusing when in dim settings, which is when you would be most likely to use flash at a wedding. I believe the issue has to do with the AF receptors on mirrorless sensors having the same color sensitivity as the sensor itself, while on DSLR cameras, the AFsenors are not on the sensor and and don't have full color sensitivity. Can somebody help with this--I'm sure I have some of it wrong.

Nov 09, 2017 at 10:00 PM
       end

FM Forums | Sony Forum | Join Upload & Sell

end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username     Reset password