New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Photo Critique | Join Upload & Sell

Virgin Sun

Funonthebun

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Virgin Sun

My wife and some friends of ours did the top-down hike of the Virgin River Narrows in Zion NP last weekend. We were fortunate to have spectacular weather for the last weekend of October, and surprisingly the colors were still holding on lower in the canyon. If you're not familiar with this hike there are 12 or so campsites that allow you to split the 16 mile trip into 2 days. Was a little hesitant taking the camera gear due to the hike being completely in a river, but I'm glad I did. I posted a few in the landscape forum, but thought I'd post one of my favorites to get some critiques here. We rounded a corner to be greeted by this scene...shot handheld because my group was becoming impatient with the tripod business.

Thanks for looking.

Nov 04, 2017 at 12:48 AM
lighthound
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Virgin Sun

Beautiful scene and well captured! I'm envious of your adventure as it sounds like a great hike in an amazing place.

My only nit is the bottom FG water. It pulls my eyes down away from the main attraction. I might crop up to the bottom of the boulders to see if that helps.

Beautiful light too!

Dave

Nov 04, 2017 at 01:57 AM
Funonthebun

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Virgin Sun

lighthound wrote:
Beautiful scene and well captured! I'm envious of your adventure as it sounds like a great hike in an amazing place.

My only nit is the bottom FG water. It pulls my eyes down away from the main attraction. I might crop up to the bottom of the boulders to see if that helps.

Beautiful light too!

Dave

Thanks Dave, the water below is a bit distracting from the canyon walls.

Nov 04, 2017 at 02:59 PM
ben egbert
• • • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Virgin Sun

I was going to mention the crop until I saw that Dave already had. You needed more and with a tripod long shutter, or none at all. I have done the hike from the bottom up to Wall Street, so I know how great this is.

Nov 04, 2017 at 04:20 PM
Rick Joyce
• • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Virgin Sun

This is a magnificently captured scenic in its diversity of colour and in its powerful scope. When viewing the scene in black and white, a new perspective seems to emerge - one of ominous dread and perhaps foreboding.

Nov 04, 2017 at 11:56 PM

FM Forums | Photo Critique | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username     Reset password