Thoughts?

Bob

Nov 04, 2017 at 12:30 AM
RustyBug
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Out of the box 3 image merge - LR Classic CC

Interesting comp.

WB is kinda cyanic, and the sky seems blown (very atypical for your usual treatment of white tonal values).

Mono Check out the blue channel.

Nov 04, 2017 at 01:06 AM
Bob Jarman
• • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Out of the box 3 image merge - LR Classic CC

RustyBug wrote:
Interesting comp.

WB is kinda cyanic, and the sky seems blown (very atypical for your usual treatment of white tonal values).

OOTB - not touched otherwise - mainly curious about the merge/pano since I don't do that, except in this case as a curiosity piece.

Bob

Nov 04, 2017 at 01:13 AM
RustyBug
• • • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Out of the box 3 image merge - LR Classic CC

Gotcha ... I didn't catch your meaning about OOTB.

Crosses look nice on the merge. Tree tops ... can't quite tell if they are "doubled" or not. Might take a closer look there than what I can tell from here.

Nov 04, 2017 at 01:24 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

lighthound
• • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Out of the box 3 image merge - LR Classic CC

LR does an amazing job on pano's. It's their best and most rock solid new(ish) feature they have added.
I use it extensively and only have problems once in awhile with challenging UWA shots. And even those are probably caused by user error on my part.

I do not see anything out of place or stitched wrong here with your image. Looks good to my eyes and I really like the comp you used here.

Curious if you used proper pano gear such as a nodal rail and panning head or is this just using a ball head with a panning swivel? And don't tell me this was hand held or I'll have to slap you.

Dave

Edit: I know your not looking for feedback about the image overall but I have to ask Kent what he's seeing because I'm not seeing any blue/cyan cast here. Matter of fact it looks pretty nice to me but then again, we're talkin about Dave here so.
Kent - can you pm me and tell me what you are seeing and where so we don't side track Bob's thread? I'm just curious from an educational standpoint.

Nov 04, 2017 at 01:44 AM
eeneryma
• • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Out of the box 3 image merge - LR Classic CC

A beautiful composition Bob, perfectly suited to a pano. A very moving and memorable image...
Steve

Nov 04, 2017 at 02:04 AM
DaleBerlin
• • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Out of the box 3 image merge - LR Classic CC

Pano is a great tool to have in your repertoire Bob. Especially if things aren't moving and you have the time. Its like having another lens in your bag. I use it to get super wide high resolution images. My widest lens is 24mm, but with pano I can effectively go much wider. I have found times when LR does not work yet PS will, so don't assume they are the same algorithm. PS seems much more lenient.

But, I am still saving my money for a 16-35mm lol.

Nov 04, 2017 at 02:20 AM
Bob Jarman
• • • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Out of the box 3 image merge - LR Classic CC

RustyBug wrote:
Interesting comp.

---------------------------------------------

Bob Jarman wrote:
OOTB - not touched otherwise - mainly curious about the merge/pano since I don't do that, except in this case as a curiosity piece.

Bob

RustyBug wrote:
Gotcha ... I didn't catch your meaning about OOTB.

Crosses look nice on the merge. Tree tops ... can't quite tell if they are "doubled" or not. Might take a closer look there than what I can tell from here.

lighthound wrote:
LR does an amazing job on pano's. It's their best and most rock solid new(ish) feature they have added.
I use it extensively and only have problems once in awhile with challenging UWA shots. And even those are probably caused by user error on my part.

I do not see anything out of place or stitched wrong here with your image. Looks good to my eyes and I really like the comp you used here.

Curious if you used proper pano gear such as a nodal rail and panning head or is this just using a ball head with a panning swivel?
...Show more

eeneryma wrote:
A beautiful composition Bob, perfectly suited to a pano. A very moving and memorable image...
Steve

DaleBerlin wrote:
Pano is a great tool to have in your repertoire Bob. Especially if things aren't moving and you have the time. Its like having another lens in your bag. I use it to get super wide high resolution images. My widest lens is 24mm, but with pano I can effectively go much wider. I have found times when LR does not work yet PS will, so don't assume they are the same algorithm. PS seems much more lenient.

But, I am still saving my money for a 16-35mm lol.

Thanks for your helpful comments everyone,

Kent, the image does look a tad yellowish-green to me - working now with one cataract only so 1/2 the world is in a weak sepia haze. We'll fix that in couple of weeks. And, I'll try a mono version too.

Truth is, the pano is an after thought - well sort of. Originally I simply took the three images using the 14mm while turning my torso and thinking about keeping the rotational plane horizontal. Later, I noticed the three adjacent in LR so thought I'd try the pano thing; nothing used so sophisticated as a tripod.

I don't see any seams but intend to look more. It is as several suggest a good tool to have available and I need to remember that.

Thanks again,

Bob

Nov 04, 2017 at 01:24 PM

FM Forums | Photo Critique | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username     Reset password