FM Forum Rules
Landscape Posting Guidelines

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2017 · Stormy sunrise, Badwater, Death Valley

vieri
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Stormy sunrise, Badwater, Death Valley

A stormy sunrise in Badwater, taken during one of my Death Valley Workshops last January.

With the Leica S (007), Leica Super-Elmar-S 24mm and Formatt-Hitech FIrecrest Filters. Thank you for viewing, best regards

Vieri

Nov 03, 2017 at 03:04 AM
twoflower
• • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Stormy sunrise, Badwater, Death Valley

Wonderful composition, Vieri. Love how you've used those lines for an impactful foreground-interest.
You might want to reduce that bluish haze on the mountains starting from the right side of the frame and well into the left side too.

Nov 03, 2017 at 03:57 AM
01Ryan10
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Stormy sunrise, Badwater, Death Valley

Good stuff @vieri. I'll be out there at the end of March. How long of walk from your car to that spot? I read online you gotta walk about a mile or so to get to some nice lines like that.

Nov 03, 2017 at 11:35 AM
vieri
• • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Stormy sunrise, Badwater, Death Valley

twoflower wrote:
Wonderful composition, Vieri. Love how you've used those lines for an impactful foreground-interest.
You might want to reduce that bluish haze on the mountains starting from the right side of the frame and well into the left side too.

Thank you very much, glad you enjoyed it! I appreciate your suggestion about the blue sky, I guess it's personal but I think that the contrast between the blue and red is what makes the image. Thanks again though!

---------------------------------------------

01Ryan10 wrote:
Good stuff @vieri. I'll be out there at the end of March. How long of walk from your car to that spot? I read online you gotta walk about a mile or so to get to some nice lines like that.

Thank you very much indeed Ryan, glad you enjoyed it! Well, it is not easy to find the polygons on your own, especially at sunrise; I have my route to find them, and my suggestion would be either to go with a Workshop / guide to save you time and sweat (with perhaps the risk of not finding them altogether), or to spend one day exploring before hand, and then go back for sunrise the next day. Hope this helps, best

Vieri

Nov 04, 2017 at 03:16 AM

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.