New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | General Gear-talk | Join Upload & Sell

experts: Advice on nd1000 light leak problem

thousandhills

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · experts: Advice on nd1000 light leak problem

Hello All,

Short version: [ Any ready made rubber, foam, plastic attachments I could buy online to extended the length of the filter by a few mm (at center is good enough). Like a rim around the filter top and bottom edges? -- to block light from entering though holder opening]

Long version:[

I bought this filter system acclimated by so many Landscape photographers, and 1st thing I noted after installing the ND1000 on the holder, Looking from the inside, I see tiny gaps on the top and bottom.

when the main adapter ring is installed, it does cutoff the direct light seeping through the gaps. But, still does not form a light seal with the foam gasket, this is with the ND1000 on the 1st slot. looking though the holder adapter ring at narrow angle I can see the light leak (the ring did not seal the light leak, but just block the direct path).

1. Light leak from a tiny slit ~1mm, the direct path blocked, Should this cause concern for light pollution (loss of saturation) issues?

If yes,

2. the filter element if it were a few millimeters longer that would help form a perfect light seal against the holder. I am shocked to know how little it takes for the manufacturers design team to have done this right. This would also extended the room for any alignment errors in the field.

Any ready made rubber, foam, plastic attachments I could buy online to extended the length of the filter by a few mm (at center is good enough). Like a rim around the filter top and bottom edges?

Thanks,

-Michael

Nov 03, 2017 at 02:18 AM

FM Forums | General Gear-talk | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username     Reset password