New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

end

Film shooters - weird question for you

roofdweller49

Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #1 · p.2 #1 · Film shooters - weird question for you

A film leader retriever is a few bucks. Also, there's a trick involving licking another film leader and sticking it in to pull it out. Or, buy some cheap Nikon lens and just use it. Reala is good stuff.

Nov 04, 2017 at 05:22 PM
pasblues
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #2 · p.2 #2 · Film shooters - weird question for you

Dustin Gent wrote:
I have a camera loaded with Fuji Reala, which is my all time favorite. It has been loaded in my F65 for 3+ years and I no longer have Nikon gear. Dumb of me not to shoot with it before selling the 14-24 i know...

for me to simply wind up the Reala and just send it in to get the 8 exposures developed seems super wasteful since they no longer make this film and it is hard to get.

Should i just call it good and do just that? I don't have access to Nikon glass other than
...Show more

For a very few dollars, personally, I wouldn't worry about trying to save the rest of the frames on a single roll of film. Yeah, you could rewind it and either leave the leader out or use a leader retriever and them reload it and blank shoot forward 9 or 10 frames and salvage the rest of the roll. That's a solution. Otherwise, ship it to get it process-only developed and move on with your life.

Nov 06, 2017 at 08:04 PM
Dustin Gent
• • • • •
p.2 #3 · p.2 #3 · Film shooters - weird question for you

i have a co-worker that has a ton of nikon glass that I can borrow! So problem solved. I appreciate all the advice. I never knew you could swap rolls and such !

Nov 07, 2017 at 01:00 AM
pasblues
• •
p.2 #4 · p.2 #4 · Film shooters - weird question for you

Hey, you wanna get funky? I have a twin lens Yashica 44 that takes 127 film - and I have an unopened 10 pack of 127 ISO 100 b/w film I in my fridge that I've kept cold for over a decade. Wouldn't that be a hoot?It wouldn't take much to home develop it - just need to buy some chems and a 127 reel and a tank, which can probably be found inexpensively...

Nov 07, 2017 at 01:06 AM
       end

FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username     Reset password