New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Photo Critique | Join Upload & Sell

Fall Colors 2

beavens
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Fall Colors 2

I had posted this as a reply in the other thread, but since it wasn't a rework of the OP it probably got buried.

Very similar shot as the first, but this was at 35mm instead of ~20mm.

No pesky awkwardly cropped trees here, so what say you?

Jeff

Fall Colors 2

Nov 02, 2017 at 05:38 PM
ben egbert
• • • • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Fall Colors 2

Very pretty image, I love the textures and layers as well as the soft light.

Nov 02, 2017 at 07:51 PM
beanpkk
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Fall Colors 2

+1 on what Ben said....nice composition too. My eye goes to that bluish object toward the bottom left of center -- must be a stump? I think if it were mine I'd clone that out.

Very nice!
keith

Nov 02, 2017 at 09:09 PM
beavens
• • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Fall Colors 2

ben egbert wrote:
Very pretty image, I love the textures and layers as well as the soft light.

Thanks Ben! Am I doing anything that would make a landscaper puke?

---------------------------------------------

beanpkk wrote:
+1 on what Ben said....nice composition too. My eye goes to that bluish object toward the bottom left of center -- must be a stump? I think if it were mine I'd clone that out.

Very nice!
keith

Thanks for the feedback, Keith! That would be a a big ol rock - makes sense that it's looking really blue, especially compared to all the warmth around it. I might have to give it the ol disappearing act.

Jeff

Nov 02, 2017 at 10:23 PM
ben egbert
• • • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Fall Colors 2

Not doing anything that would make me anything but proud. The rock does not bother, but if you want, just desaturate it and take off the shine.

Nov 02, 2017 at 10:35 PM
lighthound
• • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Fall Colors 2

Yep, now we're talkin. This is very easy on the eyes Jeff. On my good monitor now and the colors look spot on and not overcooked. Very natural yet rich, which is what I always strive for but never seem to get right.

I like the warmer, brighter and more direct light in this one better as well.

Only nits would be +1 at minimizing the rock and possibly doing some cleanup work on those distant houses to make them go bye-bye. At first I didn't like the illuminated distant road or river and town but I've changed my mind as they add interest and draw me in to explore. And as such, make them an integral component in the image.

Curious how you handled the infamous blue cast on the distant mountains. Selective brush work or?
They look great to my eyes.

Dave

Nov 02, 2017 at 11:56 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

pliukait
• • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Fall Colors 2

You've got good eyes, Dave, I had to really look to see those houses, they are on the upper left?

I think the rock is fine, it adds a bit of interest into the foreground.

Regards.....Pete

Nov 03, 2017 at 01:22 AM
lighthound
• • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Fall Colors 2

pliukait wrote:
You've got good eyes, Dave, I had to really look to see those houses, they are on the upper left?

Regards.....Pete

Ha! I'm just an old(ish) fart with failing eyeballs.

Nope, the ones I picked up on are on the right center and another one more toward the center but still slightly to the right.
They aren't that big on the nit scale, I just couldn't find much else to nit about.

I think I'm seeing a small village on the left. But again, that entire area doesn't detract but rather adds IMHO.

Dave

Nov 03, 2017 at 01:56 AM
beavens
• • • • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Fall Colors 2

ben egbert wrote:
Not doing anything that would make me anything but proud. The rock does not bother, but if you want, just desaturate it and take off the shine.

Very flattering - thanks Ben.

lighthound wrote:
Yep, now we're talkin. This is very easy on the eyes Jeff. On my good monitor now and the colors look spot on and not overcooked. Very natural yet rich, which is what I always strive for but never seem to get right.

I like the warmer, brighter and more direct light in this one better as well.

Only nits would be +1 at minimizing the rock and possibly doing some cleanup work on those distant houses to make them go bye-bye. At first I didn't like the illuminated distant road or river and town but I've changed my mind as
...Show more

Thanks for the comprehensive feedback, buddy! I figured that you'd dig the light in this one more anyway. I'm still kicking myself in the ass for not only forgetting that battery but also totally f'ing up the comp with the tree. Oh well, might still have a decent takeaway with this one!

Eagle eye Dave!! I was hoping those few things would fly under the radar. You're SUPPOSED to be distracted by the colors and the rock as to not notice those pesky structures.

No selective work done on this one. Very by the numbers processing after the blend as far as I see it. I still run some slight Dehaze against it so maybe that?

pliukait wrote:

Regards.....Pete

Thanks for the feedback, Pete! Dave might be a fossil, but his peepers are still young.

Jeff

Nov 03, 2017 at 04:32 AM
pliukait
• • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Fall Colors 2

I 'm 62, so my eyes must be older than yours, 'cause I'm having a hard time seeing them. But I think I've found them, please correct me if I'm wrong.

Nov 03, 2017 at 12:30 PM
lighthound
• • • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Fall Colors 2

Yep, those are the ones! Massive aren't they!

Most people probably just ignore such things, but my OCD kicks in and little things like those drive me crazy in my own images.

Of course I've been known to miss some pretty obvious things that others here have pointed out before, so my OCD apparently goes on vacation from time to time.

Dave

Nov 03, 2017 at 01:15 PM

FM Forums | Photo Critique | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username     Reset password