Your comments and critiques welcome.

Steve

Love 8

Nov 02, 2017 at 03:12 AM
beavens
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Love 8

This is pretty kickass, Steve! I like the over the top processing - maybe boost Clarity to get more grit in there? Loving the bright, contrasty, vibrant colors. Shadow is an extra nice catch - especially the angle.

Maybe try to create a little separation somehow with the black leg on black background? I could take or leave the right side beyond the pole.

Jeff

Nov 02, 2017 at 03:20 AM
eeneryma
• • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Love 8

beavens wrote:
This is pretty kickass, Steve! I like the over the top processing - maybe boost Clarity to get more grit in there? Loving the bright, contrasty, vibrant colors. Shadow is an extra nice catch - especially the angle.

Maybe try to create a little separation somehow with the black leg on black background? I could take or leave the right side beyond the pole.

Jeff

Thanks Jeff for your comments and suggestion. The right side of the image presented a dilemma as it is quiet and fairly uninteresting as opposed to the rest of the image. I experimented with lightening the shadow to the right and above, but felt it lessened the effectiveness of the framing I was going for. I could have also cropped off a bit of the right side without losing anything, but I don't like to tamper too much with normal crop ratios. When I see odd ratios it leaves me wondering what "blemishes"the photographer may be trying to hide.

Steve

Nov 02, 2017 at 12:44 PM
Danpbphoto
• • • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Love 8

Steve, at first upon viewing I had some suggestive criticisms enter my mind but upon more "eyeballing", I found grace, different dimensions to your image that made me smile. Great job. I love "wall art". You have intertwined many photographic effects into a wonderful image to view!
Dan

Nov 02, 2017 at 12:50 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

eeneryma
• • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Love 8

Danpbphoto wrote:
Steve, at first upon viewing I had some suggestive criticisms enter my mind but upon more "eyeballing", I found grace, different dimensions to your image that made me smile. Great job. I love "wall art". You have intertwined many photographic effects into a wonderful image to view!
Dan

Thanks Dan!

Steve

Nov 02, 2017 at 01:23 PM
ben egbert
• • • • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Love 8

Much to look at here Steve. The way the shadow of the roof highlights the poster girl. How the poster girls lips are ready to plant a kiss one the real girl shadow head. The brown jacket, the dark brown shiny leg.

This is an eye catcher.

Nov 02, 2017 at 07:55 PM
OfTheWild

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Love 8

Interesting. My eye went from the wheatpaste poster art over to the fuzzy jacket then to the shadow of the girl. i didnt even notice the "Loves" bit. There is a lot of stuff going on in this frame - I'm not sure what I make of it. I would love to see this as a high contrast BW photo, maybe even burn off the right side shadows so we have a hyper focus on the center?
Cool photo, thanks!

Nov 03, 2017 at 05:10 AM

FM Forums | City, Street & Architecture | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username     Reset password