Username  

FM Forum Rules
Landscape Posting Guidelines

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

Virgin River from the Top

Funonthebun

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Virgin River from the Top

Here's a few pictures from a recent overnight trip down the Virgin River Narrows.

Nov 01, 2017 at 03:20 AM
coxma

p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Virgin River from the Top

I recognize some of those scenes! Beautiful work, and all very well captured - I like the 3rd the best, followed by the 2nd. I did the same route with my son 10 days ago, and understand the challenge of photographing on that hike while managing time and a backpack (we wound up having to swim a short stretch about 3.5 miles from the end, not pleasant!) We camped at site 12 and, like you, were treated to all those gorgeous maple shades in the first 12 miles or so. Great job, hope you enjoyed the experience as much as we did.

Nov 01, 2017 at 04:05 AM
Funonthebun

p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Virgin River from the Top

coxma wrote:
I recognize some of those scenes! Beautiful work, and all very well captured - I like the 3rd the best, followed by the 2nd. I did the same route with my son 10 days ago, and understand the challenge of photographing on that hike while managing time and a backpack (we wound up having to swim a short stretch about 3.5 miles from the end, not pleasant!) We camped at site 12 and, like you, were treated to all those gorgeous maple shades in the first 12 miles or so. Great job, hope you enjoyed the experience as much as
...Show more

Thanks for the compliments! We stayed at site #5 and only ran into 4 people on our way down from Chamberlain Ranch. I'd guess the color 10 days ago was spectacular as most of the leaves had already fallen when we went through. Carrying around the camera gear did make the hiking more difficult and nerve-racking, but I believe it was well worth the effort. The embarrassing shots of my group swimming that short stretch was probably the most memorable portion of the trip!

Nov 01, 2017 at 04:40 AM
lostinjapan
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Virgin River from the Top

A very beautiful set, love that last one. Another place I need to go!

Thanks for sharing.

Ryan

Nov 01, 2017 at 03:10 PM
Funonthebun

p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Virgin River from the Top

lostinjapan wrote:
A very beautiful set, love that last one. Another place I need to go!

Thanks for sharing.

Ryan

Thank you Ryan, Zion is a special place.

Nov 01, 2017 at 07:29 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

wsu6
• •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Virgin River from the Top

Gorgeous set! I like your low perspective on these. It gives a feel of being part of rather than just looking at the scenes.

-Bill

Nov 01, 2017 at 07:50 PM
Funonthebun

p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Virgin River from the Top

wsu6 wrote:
Gorgeous set! I like your low perspective on these. It gives a feel of being part of rather than just looking at the scenes.

-Bill

Thanks Bill, I tried my best to stay close to the water for those low perspectives...just glad I didn't have an accident w/ the camera.

Cole

Nov 02, 2017 at 12:31 AM
Fotog4Life

p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Virgin River from the Top

Really great photos you captured. You zoned in on the essence of Zion.

Nov 04, 2017 at 08:32 PM
Ton Hung
• • • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Virgin River from the Top

very nice

Nov 05, 2017 at 06:14 PM

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username     Reset password