New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Micro Four Thirds Forum | Join Upload & Sell

GH5 users a question about 225 point AF

Wilbus
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · GH5 users a question about 225 point AF

Hey GH5 users! Let me know if you're out there

I have a GH5 home for testing and have some trouble with the 225 point AF system for stills. I haven't tried any video yet as I am only allowed "limited" testing if I want to be able to return it.

So here's the deal, I am used to Olympus and usually chose one single AF point to work with. I tried doing the same on the GH5 and while in the 225 AF point mode I bring up the AF point and make the point selection smaller from 9 point area (or what ever size it was from the start) down to a single point which I can move around with the joystick for example. Now, in my brain, where I point this point is where I want my focus to be, the point is pretty small which seemed great at first but the problem is that if more often then not seem to focus using points around that point. If I aim at my cats face from a distance it often focuses on the background instead. I tried it with a different testing motif yesterday where I wanted to focus on the background between a sofa and camera sling and it refused to go on the background, it just chose the sofa or the camera sling. The distance from the centre point to either of those objects was maybe, around 3 points outside the centre point I had choses.

So the question is, has anyone else experienced this with the 225 area mode but with it set to small or single areas? I know I can go in to single point AF mode but this mode seems to focus a bit slower and more importantly the focus point of course takes far longer to move around.

Any help would be appreciated!

/Rasmus

Oct 31, 2017 at 05:56 AM

FM Forums | Micro Four Thirds Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username     Reset password