New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

Adobe Photo plan updates

Zenon Char
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Adobe Photo plan updates

I have been checking this out. There is a spot that tells you how many updates are available. It always shows me 2 are available. When I click on Update All it starts to download LR CC which I don't want and is a minor annoyance. The other is CS6 and I aways get an error. Not sure why it is even there. I guess Adobe will fix that one day.

I tried clicking on the bullets by the avatar and got this. When selecting Check for App Updates it only tells you what is up to date. As you can see it tells me CS6 is up to date. In about 5 seconds it reverts back to the screen that tells me there are 2 updates.

Oct 30, 2017 at 02:44 PM
gdanmitchell
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Adobe Photo plan updates

I think that this is what took me into an awful loop with installations and then with Adobe tech support when I hit the upgrade all link when the upgrades were first announced. I ended up with Lightroom CC installed, but with a "subscription expired" message when I tried to launch it — and no indication that LR "Classic" was what I wanted to use.

I ended up going through four layers of Adobe tech support — none of whom knew about this — over my incorrect "subscription expired" issue before it reached a level where I was talking to an actual tech... and he had to put my on hold while he talked to developers who apparently figured it out.

Love the products. Think the roll-out and renaming was handled very badly.

Oct 30, 2017 at 03:03 PM
Zenon Char
• • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Adobe Photo plan updates

I agree about the products and the roll out. I noticed LR CC tried to sneak onto my computer and hit the X right away. I guess if you install but don't open it you are OK?

I don't see LR6 but they stopped updating CS6 long ago. I only get LR CC 2015 under Classic. On December 30th I'll open LR6 and do the final update using it.

Learning you get Portfolio with the plan was a nice surprise. I set it up yesterday and cancelled my Zenfolio account. If Adobe pulls a fast one and tries to charge I'll drop it. I just want a site with my own domain where I can host 50 or so of my favourite images.

Oct 30, 2017 at 03:29 PM
Zenon Char
• • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Adobe Photo plan updates

Someone on another site said Adobe is calling LR CC 2015 stand alone or LR6. Have to check this out.

Oct 30, 2017 at 04:48 PM
Zenon Char
• • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Adobe Photo plan updates

https://www.lightroomqueen.com/whats-new-in-lightroom-cc-2015-13-6-13/

Oct 30, 2017 at 05:21 PM
DanBrown
• • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Adobe Photo plan updates

Zenon Char wrote:
When I click on Update All it starts to download LR CC which I don't want and is a minor annoyance.

How can that be an annoyance? What other behavior would you expect from "update all "?

Oct 30, 2017 at 05:21 PM
Zenon Char
• • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Adobe Photo plan updates

I only want updates for software I'm using, not the LR CC download.

Oct 30, 2017 at 05:23 PM
butchM
• • • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Adobe Photo plan updates

Zenon Char wrote:
I only want updates for software I'm using, not the LR CC download.

Then you shouldn't click on update all. If you don't want all.

Oct 30, 2017 at 05:27 PM
Zenon Char
• • • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Adobe Photo plan updates

Well that was the whole point. I found another way and I posted about it. It is what we do here. Look for help and help out others.

Oct 30, 2017 at 05:41 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

gdanmitchell
• • • • • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Adobe Photo plan updates

DanBrown wrote:
How can that be an annoyance? What other behavior would you expect from "update all "?

You might have missed this part. Buckle up — it is confusing.

Imagine the following real story...

You had a set of Adobe CC apps including "Adobe Photoshop Lightroom CC" on your computer. As you have been doing with all of the previous updates, when you saw the new updates message you used the "update all" link to, well, update all of your licensed Adobe apps with a single click.

The update went forward as always — updated software was downloaded and installed automatically. The process finished, and you decided to get back to work. You clicked to open your copy of "Adobe Photoshop Lightroom CC," expecting to see the updated version of the software using that name.

However, instead, you got a bit error message telling you that your "subscription has expired" for "Adobe Photoshop CC," the program you were using right before the update. You log in to your Adobe account and double check — your subscription to the full CC creative suite (not just LR and Photoshop) is shown to be pre-paid through January 2018.

You quit "Adobe Photoshop Lightroom CC" and restart it, and have the same problem.

You contact Adobe customer support and tell them you just ran the updater and ask why you are having a "subscription expired" problem. The representative checks and yes, your subscription is still valid. They can't figure it out, and you are transferred to a higher level support person. To make the story a bit shorter, from here on out you are transferred to increasingly higher level support personnel, none of whom can figure this out. They ask you to log out of and back into your CC account. That makes no difference. They check with other tech folks at their end. No dice.

Finally you are transferred to someone who seems to be in the software development department, since no one else can figure it out. Ultimately they ask for remote access to your computer, which you grant with some trepidation (and some particular cautions I won't describe here) on this secondary computer you are using. You watch as they check a range of Adobe system config files. Nothing helps. They ask if they may log you out of your CC account and log in under their own test account. The application will launch under their account. We switch back to my account, and it still won't launch.

Tech seems to be at a dead end, but goes off for a few minutes to talk to someone else. Returns to say that you cannot log into "Adobe Photoshop Lightroom CC" after you update "Adobe Photoshop Lightroom CC" using the automatic upgrade all, but that you have to use "Adobe Photoshop Lightroom Classic CC" (which is also known by two other names) since "Adobe Photoshop Lightroom CC" is a completely different program than it was before you ran Adobe's updater AND IT IS NOT INCLUDED IN YOUR FULL CREATIVE SUITE LICENSE that includes all the other Adobe applications.

Yes, I finally got it working, and The-Program-Formerly-Known-By-The-Name-Of-The-Program-That-Doesn't-Work-Now is fine.

But, as someone once asked, "Is that any way to run a railroad?"

;-)

Edited on Oct 30, 2017 at 06:25 PM · View previous versions

Oct 30, 2017 at 05:58 PM
Zenon Char
• • • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Adobe Photo plan updates

Actually since updating LR6 to LR CC 2015 about 10 minutes ago it has stopped trying to download LR CC. Not sure if Adobe did something or the update corrected it. I still get that 1 Update message which is for CS6 - that does not exist.

Oct 30, 2017 at 05:59 PM
Zenon Char
• • • •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · Adobe Photo plan updates

gdanmitchell wrote:
You might have missed this part. Buckle up — it is confusing.

Imagine the following real story...

You had a set of Adobe CC apps including "Adobe Photoshop Lightroom CC" on your computer. As you have been doing with all of the previous updates, when you saw the new updates message you used the "update all" link to, well, update all of your licensed Adobe apps with a single click.

The update went forward as always — updated software was downloaded and installed automatically. The process finished, and you decided to get back to work. You clicked to open your copy of "Adobe Photoshop Lightroom
...Show more

Yeah it was not easy to figure out what Adobe was trying to do and work around their glitches.

Oct 30, 2017 at 06:52 PM
Nick Birkett

p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · Adobe Photo plan updates

DanBrown wrote:

'Update' should only make changes to software that is already installed on your computer. In my case, I have the full Adobe subscription package but have not installed several of the products (e.g. Fuse). These are listed on my CC as 'install'. Ones already installed on my computer are listed as 'update'. 'Update all' should only execute the 'update' boxes.

In my case, Lightroom CC Classic is listed as 'update' while the new Lightroom CC is listed as 'install'. If I click 'update all', I would not expect the new LR CC to be installed.

I don't know what instruction is listed beside Zenon's Lightroom. But, you can't 'update' the new LR CC since no-one has already got it installed on their computer (the existing version is being renamed as 'LR CC Classic (2015)').

Oct 30, 2017 at 08:17 PM
gdanmitchell
• • • • • •
p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · Adobe Photo plan updates

Nick Birkett wrote:
'Update' should only make changes to software that is already installed on your computer. In my case, I have the full Adobe subscription package but have not installed several of the products (e.g. Fuse). These are listed on my CC as 'install'. Ones already installed on my computer are listed as 'update'. 'Update all' should only execute the 'update' boxes.

See my lengthy post above...

Oct 30, 2017 at 08:33 PM
Zenon Char
• • • •
p.1 #15 · p.1 #15 · Adobe Photo plan updates

Nick Birkett wrote:

In my case, Lightroom CC Classic is listed as 'update' while the new Lightroom CC is listed as 'install'. If I click 'update all', I would not expect the new LR CC to be installed.

I don't know what instruction is
...Show more

Well it tried to download LR CC every time I pressed Update All and it was configured the same as yours. This was happening every time I tried it since getting it on Thursday. I had it press the X to stop it. This stopped after I downloaded the LR CC 2015 update today and it renamed LR6. I would have not mentioned it if it did not happen.

Oct 30, 2017 at 08:48 PM
Nick Birkett

p.1 #16 · p.1 #16 · Adobe Photo plan updates

Zenon Char wrote:
Well it tried to download LR CC every time I pressed Update All and it was configured the same as yours. This was happening every time I tried it since getting it on Thursday. I had it press the X to stop it. This stopped after I downloaded the LR CC 2015 update today and it renamed LR6. I would have not mentioned it if it did not happen.

One difference might be that I don't have the standalone LR6.

Oct 30, 2017 at 08:59 PM
Zenon Char
• • • •
p.1 #17 · p.1 #17 · Adobe Photo plan updates

Nick Birkett wrote:
One difference might be that I don't have the standalone LR6.

That is possible. Maybe a coding error error that was satisfied when LR CC 1015 was uprated.

Oct 30, 2017 at 10:08 PM

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username     Reset password