FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

end

Question for all Sony wedding photographers

MRomine
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #1 · p.2 #1 · Question for all Sony wedding photographers

FFaccount wrote:
But more important AF performance using the mechanical shutter suffers on the A9 not so on the A7R III

and you want to shoot the mechanical shutter with flash because you don't like how electric shutters work with flash?

Nov 02, 2017 at 05:44 PM
FFaccount

p.2 #2 · p.2 #2 · Question for all Sony wedding photographers

MRomine wrote:
and you want to shoot the mechanical shutter with flash because you don't like how electric shutters work with flash?

To my knowledge it doesn't work at all with electronic shutter. The camera will not fire. So there is no option to use the electronic shutter with flash

Nov 02, 2017 at 07:59 PM
MRomine
• • • •
p.2 #3 · p.2 #3 · Question for all Sony wedding photographers

FFaccount wrote:
To my knowledge it doesn't work at all with electronic shutter. The camera will not fire. So there is no option to use the electronic shutter with flash

Interesting, my a7rII would fire with a Godox v860II mounted but the viewfinder worked like a traditional viewfinder when looking through it.

Nov 02, 2017 at 08:13 PM
Scottgoh

p.2 #4 · p.2 #4 · Question for all Sony wedding photographers

following...

Nov 03, 2017 at 08:58 AM
level1photog
• •
p.2 #5 · p.2 #5 · Question for all Sony wedding photographers

Ken_Cravillion wrote:
I used a pair of A7RII's for 30 weddings last year and 2 or three at the beginning of this year. There were times where it would miss focus but wasn't any more different than the 5D3's I used to shoot.

I've also had a pair of A9's since they came out at the end of May and those are miles ahead of the A7RII as far as AF and general speed. It's to the point where it feels like cheating as I can use Eye-AF for the processional and recessional even in churches with shitty lighting. I've also started using
...Show more

I didn't know Sony mirrorless works with Nikkor 105 1.4. That's amazing! Are you using Sigma adapter or Metabone? Do you have any experience with Canon 24-70 II 2.8 and 70-200 2.8 II via adapter?

Is there any con to switching from 5D3 to Sony? I'm waiting for A7III and maybe Canon FF mirrorless before considering switching.

Nov 03, 2017 at 03:11 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

Ken_Cravillion
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #6 · p.2 #6 · Question for all Sony wedding photographers

level1photog wrote:
I didn't know Sony mirrorless works with Nikkor 105 1.4. That's amazing! Are you using Sigma adapter or Metabone? Do you have any experience with Canon 24-70 II 2.8 and 70-200 2.8 II via adapter?

Is there any con to switching from 5D3 to Sony? I'm waiting for A7III and maybe Canon FF mirrorless before considering switching.

Commlite makes an adapter that allows for AF on certain Nikkor lenses. I just used the 105mm exclusively for today's engagement shoot just to see how it works. And it did awesome.

I haven't tried the 24-70 and 70-200 on Sony as at the time I was shooting mostly primes which worked really well. I have read of people having success with those though.

I can't think of any cons. Except that the switch will be pretty expensive... That and the cheapest dual card body currently is the newly announced A7RIII.

Nov 04, 2017 at 03:42 AM
BlueBomberTurbo
• •
p.2 #7 · p.2 #7 · Question for all Sony wedding photographers

I shoot 2x A6300s with Godox TT685s. Bread and butter lenses are the Zeiss 24mm 1.8 and Sony 50mm 1.8 OSS. No AF problems. When the lights drop on the dance floor, I just use spot focus on M or L to limit where the camera searches for AF. The A9 should have zero problems in the same lighting with 2.8 or faster lenses.

Nov 08, 2017 at 02:15 PM
duet
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #8 · p.2 #8 · Question for all Sony wedding photographers

BlueBomberTurbo wrote:
I shoot 2x A6300s with Godox TT685s. Bread and butter lenses are the Zeiss 24mm 1.8 and Sony 50mm 1.8 OSS. No AF problems. When the lights drop on the dance floor, I just use spot focus on M or L to limit where the camera searches for AF. The A9 should have zero problems in the same lighting with 2.8 or faster lenses.

Do you use AF assist beam during dancing?

Nov 09, 2017 at 06:20 AM
BlueBomberTurbo
• •
p.2 #9 · p.2 #9 · Question for all Sony wedding photographers

duet wrote:
Do you use AF assist beam during dancing?

Never used it on these cameras, and the IR assist on the flashes is disabled due to being used on mirrorless.

Nov 09, 2017 at 12:03 PM
       end

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username     Reset password