New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

Shana on the rocks

Twistedimg
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Shana on the rocks

Spent a couple hours at an amazing location yesterday with Shana. In fact, a location she found via kayak a little while back. Incredible location with so much potential in one spot. I will be back many times to use it.

Had some crazy harsh light to deal with the first hour or so we were there but I'm always up for a challenge. Was a great chance to use what I have learned from others by finding shade area to place her in and shooting out into the light.

Also had a rare battery issue. All the AA's I had brought with me, which were charged that morning, did not take a charge for whatever reason. Normally not a big deal but they were for the flash transmitter so we were only able to use the studio light for a few shots. Again, no pressure. No panic. Just change the attack and work with what we got. Took a little more work in post but it is what it is. Wasn't going to just give up and stop shooting.

Fuji X-T1 w/ 56mm f/1.2

Entire shoot here: http://www.jacobcarrollphotography.com/Portrait-Galleries/n-95sDLq/Shana-10-28-17/

Oct 30, 2017 at 06:20 AM
gregfixit
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Shana on the rocks

All of these are nice but #3 is a standout, with #6 close behind.
Thanks for sharing.

Greg

Oct 30, 2017 at 11:27 AM
Twistedimg
• •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Shana on the rocks

gregfixit wrote:
All of these are nice but #3 is a standout, with #6 close behind.
Thanks for sharing.

Greg

Thank you. #6 is my first attempt at the Brenizer Method. Interesting results that gives me some ideas to try.

Nov 02, 2017 at 01:13 AM
story_teller
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Shana on the rocks

Very nice series and I would say that #3 and #5 are the strongest images. The lines are simple and the subject is well isolated from the background. That said, there are some very minor nits that I would clean up if they were my images. In #3 there is a twig that sticks out of the rock face that interrupts the rock line. To the left of the twig there is a brighter spot in the water and at the base of the rock, again there are some bright white rocks (?) in the water that I would clone out. On # 5, I would clone out the nubs sticking up on the cement platform and make the platform smooth. The only other thing I would mention is that her left hand is open to the camera and it would have been better if we saw the back or side of her hand.

I've had some great shoots on days when I've had equipment failure because it forces me out of my comfort zone. Not comfortable situations (especially paid shoots), but in hindsight, great learning experiences.

Nov 02, 2017 at 02:19 PM
Vcook
• • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Shana on the rocks

2 & 6 for me, great location, thanks for sharing!

Nov 02, 2017 at 02:54 PM

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username     Reset password