Home · Register · Software · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Pro Digital Corner | Join Upload & Sell

end

Anyone ever sell prints at a street fair...

njfantastico
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #1 · p.2 #1 · Anyone ever sell prints at a street fair...

You have to get past the idea about selling pictures for $40 - $60. I wouldn't buy that price point either.

$5 8x10, I'd get two or three and people do indeed just that. I get it in volume.

I'd rather sell out and make more, then just sell a handful of prints.

Someone asked about numbers of people, 3 - 5k over the course of a weekend.

Some have asked, how do you do it? Are these inkjet? Why are they so inexpensive?

I answer with honesty, truth, and very matter of fact. People like those answers. The work speaks for itself.

Dec 05, 2017 at 08:33 PM
chez
• • • • • •
p.2 #2 · p.2 #2 · Anyone ever sell prints at a street fair...

njfantastico wrote:
You have to get past the idea about selling pictures for $40 - $60. I wouldn't buy that price point either.

$5 8x10, I'd get two or three and people do indeed just that. I get it in volume.

I'd rather sell out and make more, then just sell a handful of prints.

Someone asked about numbers of people, 3 - 5k over the course of a weekend.

Some have asked, how do you do it? Are these inkjet? Why are they so inexpensive?

I answer with honesty, truth, and very matter of fact. People like those answers. The work speaks for itself.

I understand your cost structure, I donít understand how you can clear $5,000 in a weekend using your cost / pricing. Youíd have to have a lineup at your both for 10 straight hours for 3 full days to meet your figures. How large was this show and. Iím just having a hard time wrapping my head around your claims.

Dec 05, 2017 at 08:48 PM
njfantastico
• •
p.2 #3 · p.2 #3 · Anyone ever sell prints at a street fair...

They are busy.

I have had people buy 20 and 30 prints at a time, one to five prints is a normal sale.

People are always looking for fun gifts to give people or have something special for themselves, that price point allows for it.

It's not difficult to do, it really isn't.

What info would you like? YES! i sell a TON of prints.

It's a quick carry item, no wrapping, no extra bags to put the product in, no receipt needed on cash sales, credit is simple with a phone or tablet. I have borrowed a tent every time, made simple bins, holders, displays, etc. Keep it simple.

Dec 05, 2017 at 09:01 PM
chez
• • • • • •
p.2 #4 · p.2 #4 · Anyone ever sell prints at a street fair...

Can you show a sample of your images that you sell and a photo of your booth.

Dec 05, 2017 at 09:04 PM
njfantastico
• •
p.2 #5 · p.2 #5 · Anyone ever sell prints at a street fair...

I was happy to share my information, I was happy to help others and the OP, I am not selling a product, nor am i trying to convince others to do what i have done, just sharing.

Are you a religious person?

Dec 05, 2017 at 09:10 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

chez
• • • • • •
p.2 #6 · p.2 #6 · Anyone ever sell prints at a street fair...

I've been to a lot of art fairs and shows and have not seen anyone sell in the volumes you say you sell. I'm just curious what sets your photos apart from others and how your booth looks compared to others. If you don't want to share this, fine, but if you truly want to help, this would go a long way.

I've seen booths which have packaged prints like you which are about twice the price you are at...is the art community that price sensitive? Or is your work that much better. Images would go a long way.

Dec 05, 2017 at 09:23 PM
igmolinav
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #7 · p.2 #7 · Anyone ever sell prints at a street fair...

@njfantastico - Thank you : ) !!! Interesting information!

Dec 07, 2017 at 12:53 AM
AmbientMike
• • • •
p.2 #8 · p.2 #8 · Anyone ever sell prints at a street fair...

I did a major craft show several years ago, and have done smaller shows, as well.

It's been several years, but IIRC one guy a couple booths down was selling a matted 8x10 for $29, he had other sizes, too. It rained a lot that week, and I think he said he did $5K, down from $13K the year before. It was a week long show, a bit different.

There were a lot of people there, and I think he was fairly modest, as far as income. People definitely sold more, one booth seemed to sell $90 a pop prints all day long.

One guy did pen and ink originals and prints, I think he was selling a lot of stuff about the same price as NJfantastico. I tried to tell him he wasn't charging enough, I think he responded he made a good living, etc.

Some people had those long vans, to transport their work and sleep in to avoid hotel costs. At least one couple brought an RV from hundreds of miles away. Some people did just this one show, some traveled all around the country (and apparently made enough to do that.) MI, FL, local K of C hall, etc.

Dec 07, 2017 at 08:24 PM
glort
• • • •
p.2 #9 · p.2 #9 · Anyone ever sell prints at a street fair...

I found out why we don't buy eggs off the old guys.
Apparently we do. I just hadn't seen the wife buying or carrying them and we don't eat a lot so she doesn't buy them every week we go.

Dec 07, 2017 at 10:38 PM
glort
• • • •
p.2 #10 · p.2 #10 · Anyone ever sell prints at a street fair...

chez wrote:
I've been to a lot of art fairs and shows and have not seen anyone sell in the volumes you say you sell.

Well That explains it then!
If YOU haven't seen it, can't be done right??

I'm just curious what sets your photos apart from others and how your booth looks compared to others. If you don't want to share this, fine, but if you truly want to help, this would go a long way.

Great idea! Have the guy show all his methods so everyone else can copy them and he looses the advantage of standing out from his competitors and ends up selling bugger all just like everyone else!
That's going to do his business no end of good isn't it.?

. Images would go a long way.

A long way to where? Having his style ripped off by everyone else out there doing this?

Here's a thought, why don't you take the info the man has provided, get off your arse and use a bit of initiative to work out what sells and what does not in your area yourself! Refine your own formula and meet the costs of developing that instead of expecting someone whom you ridicule to do it for you.
You basically Piss on everything the guy says, all but call him a liar and then when he sticks to his guns and you think maybe he is onto something, you want him to hand his formula for success to you on a platter.

I'm sure when he rightfully Baulks at that you'll take it as he was full of it and you were right all along.
He'll no doubt be thinking of you at his next show laughing to himself how you thought he couldn't do it as he counts his money.

Dec 07, 2017 at 10:52 PM
       end

FM Forums | Pro Digital Corner | Join Upload & Sell

end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username     Reset password