Home · Register · Software · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

Since upgrade to LR Classic, can't choose Media Type in P...

tsinsf

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Since upgrade to LR Classic, can't choose Media Type in Print Module, Epson 3880

Since I updated to Lightroom Classic 7.0 a few days ago, I can't use the print module in Lightroom (on my Epson 3880 which was working fine two weeks ago). Clicking Print Settings in lower left, then Print Settings/Media type, nothing happens, no choice of media types. The Media Type space remains blank. I've reset LR preferences, and downloaded and installed the most recent print driver. Any suggestions?

Mac OS 10.12.6

Mac Pro 2013

Oct 27, 2017 at 10:05 PM
Zenon Char
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Since upgrade to LR Classic, can't choose Media Type in Print Module, Epson 3880

It is on mine. Are all your updates to date?

Oct 28, 2017 at 02:02 PM
Zenon Char
• • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Since upgrade to LR Classic, can't choose Media Type in Print Module, Epson 3880

My iMac is High Sierra 10.13 and my MacBook Air is Sierra 10.12.6 and I see the same thing on both. I clicked on the matte/glossy command on both devices and it worked.

The only reason I have not updated the laptop is FoCal won't work on High Sierra yet. Waiting for an update in case I need it.

Oct 28, 2017 at 02:08 PM
Zenon Char
• • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Since upgrade to LR Classic, can't choose Media Type in Print Module, Epson 3880

I re-read your post and tried the print settings button and I don't see media type there either. I never use the print module.

Oct 28, 2017 at 02:12 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

Zenon Char
• • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Since upgrade to LR Classic, can't choose Media Type in Print Module, Epson 3880

This is off topic but Adobe messed up how to get 3rd party plugins to work on PS CC. It took a few hours how to figure it out.

Oct 28, 2017 at 02:14 PM
jlehet
• •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Since upgrade to LR Classic, can't choose Media Type in Print Module, Epson 3880

I didn't try it with the first version of Classic CC, but I can report that on the first update, printing is working absolutely normally for me on Mac/Sierra/Epson 3880. I haven't tried switching to matte ink, which I might do later. (I'm printing with the generator -- power out here in Vermont and I don't know when we'll get it back. I really don't like printing off the generator but I've got to get some prints out to some galleries soon.)

Oct 30, 2017 at 01:59 PM
tsinsf

p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Since upgrade to LR Classic, can't choose Media Type in Print Module, Epson 3880

Fixed the problem by trashing all traces of Epson drivers on my computer, then reinstalling the latest Epson driver. Note, just reinstalling the driver didn't work...I had to throw away the old one first.

Oct 30, 2017 at 03:51 PM

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username     Reset password