New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Fuji Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Purchasing from Canada

Ming-Tzu
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Purchasing from Canada

I requested a price quote from a Canadian authorized retailer for the xt2+18-55 kit and the xe3+23f2 kit. They came back to me with a marginal discount from what B&H is selling for, but somewhat substantial when I factor in sales tax (I live in NY).

The total savings would be in the neighborhood of $400.

Would I be able to get better prices for the xt2 and 18-55 on the used market?

The xe3 is too new to see used, and I figure if I buy new, might as well get the 23 f2 with the kit.

Oct 27, 2017 at 08:06 PM
molson
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Purchasing from Canada

Ming-Tzu wrote:
I requested a price quote from a Canadian authorized retailer for the xt2+18-55 kit and the xe3+23f2 kit. They came back to me with a marginal discount from what B&H is selling for, but somewhat substantial when I factor in sales tax (I live in NY).

The total savings would be in the neighborhood of $400.

Would I be able to get better prices for the xt2 and 18-55 on the used market?

The xe3 is too new to see used, and I figure if I buy new, might as well get the 23 f2 with the kit.

I've never seen anyone selling an 18-55mm f2.8-4 for less than you can buy it new in kit form. I see the occasional X-T2 (and even X-E3's already) for sale used, but the prices are seldom low enough for me to not to prefer just buying it new.

People still want more for used X-T1's than dealers that still have stock will sell them for new... Fuji seems to be the only brand where used gear actually maintains a reasonable amount of value - or maybe it just seems that way because I want to buy more used lenses?

Oct 28, 2017 at 03:43 PM

FM Forums | Fuji Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username     Reset password