FM Forums | Sony Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2      
       end

Canon user switching to Sony A7Rlll

Sirfishalot
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.3 #1 · p.3 #1 · Canon user switching to Sony A7Rlll

When you try the adapted Canon glass (specific experience with 24-70/2.8 III) in low light you might find yourself wanting a native lens. I missed a couple of key shots from a wedding reception this summer on the A7ii with that lens using the Metabones IV. I used to think the 24-70 GM was too huge and something I didn't need up until that point. Once you try and see the output from this lens, you will want it.
I recently tried my 70-200/2.8L II on the A7r2 at a concert and the AF performance was pretty good, but shooting the show felt a hell of a lot slower and made me wish I'd brought my 1DX. It'll be interesting to see how much of a change there'll be on the A7r3 or the A9. Patrick Murphy Racy had a YouTube video of his football game shooting with the A9 and 600/4 that looked phenomenal. He was touting the Sigma MC-11 adapter, but seems like other folks here think the Metabones performs better.
The day I can do the same type of fast action, high iso with adapted long glass on the Sony bodies will be the time to part with my 1DX.

JayT

Nov 08, 2017 at 10:05 PM
1       2      
       end

FM Forums | Sony Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2      
       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username     Reset password