Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Sony Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              10      
       end

So everyone is ditching the A7RII for A7RIII ???

kdrk888
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.11 #1 · p.11 #1 · So everyone is ditching the A7RII for A7RIII ???

mcbroomf wrote:
Well I un-succumbed ... I cancelled my order for the body and spare batteries and charger this morning. I realized after spending 7 hours with my A7R2's yesterday that although the mk3 would be nice I really don't need it, so I'll live with the R2 until one of them dies then get an R3 assuming the repair cost will be too high.

I was very excited when the A7RIII was first announced. I had always wanted an A99II in e-mount. But I am going to hold it off now. For me, the only reason I would want an A7RIII is faster AF and big buffer for my occasional bird/airshow stuff. The 100-400 GM + 1.4 TC is not really viable solution if the light is not ideal. So, I think I would wait until there is native mount lens that has 600mm reach without a TC. For now I will just stick with my A7RII for everything but use my DSLR for birds/airshows.

Nov 12, 2017 at 03:26 PM
Parariss
• •
p.11 #2 · p.11 #2 · So everyone is ditching the A7RII for A7RIII ???

kdrk888 wrote:
I was very excited when the A7RIII was first announced. I had always wanted an A99II in e-mount. But I am going to hold it off now. For me, the only reason I would want an A7RIII is faster AF and big buffer for my occasional bird/airshow stuff. The 100-400 GM + 1.4 TC is not really viable solution if the light is not ideal. So, I think I would wait until there is native mount lens that has 600mm reach without a TC. For now I will just stick with my A7RII for everything but use my DSLR for
...Show more

For a little more money, I think a used a6300 gives better results than the 1.4x and has the improved AF you'd get from the a7riii. For your application it's something to think about.

Nov 12, 2017 at 03:48 PM
bwcolor
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.11 #3 · p.11 #3 · So everyone is ditching the A7RII for A7RIII ???

kdrk888 wrote:
I was very excited when the A7RIII was first announced. I had always wanted an A99II in e-mount. But I am going to hold it off now. For me, the only reason I would want an A7RIII is faster AF and big buffer for my occasional bird/airshow stuff. The 100-400 GM + 1.4 TC is not really viable solution if the light is not ideal. So, I think I would wait until there is native mount lens that has 600mm reach without a TC. For now I will just stick with my A7RII for everything but use my DSLR for
...Show more

I need my car, so won't be selling it to buy a fast 600mm. I do use the 100-400mm/1.4TC and the top of my wish list is an A9's f/11 PDAF on a higher resolution body. This combination sharpens up vs f/8. I have yet to see any information on the pdaf limits of the A7riii. Until I see some verification that this is possible with this body, I'm going to sit this one out.

Nov 12, 2017 at 04:10 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

scorpiom10
• •
p.11 #4 · p.11 #4 · So everyone is ditching the A7RII for A7RIII ???

AGeoJO wrote:
There are several apps; check this out: https://www.playmemoriescameraapps.com/portal/

Ok,
This looks like fun. However, I noticed some apps such as digital filters, time lapse, multiple exposures that are features found in other cameras.....I just bought a Sony RX100V and I honestly didn't look into this apps system. Are the apps required to do some of those things? Or can I still use post production software to accomplish this?
Thanks for the answers

Nov 12, 2017 at 04:21 PM
AGeoJO
• • • • • •
p.11 #5 · p.11 #5 · So everyone is ditching the A7RII for A7RIII ???

scorpiom10 wrote:
Ok,
This looks like fun. However, I noticed some apps such as digital filters, time lapse, multiple exposures that are features found in other cameras.....I just bought a Sony RX100V and I honestly didn't look into this apps system. Are the apps required to do some of those things? Or can I still use post production software to accomplish this?
Thanks for the answers

I do have 4 apps and the best and mostly used so far is the Smooth Reflection App. That app doesn't only mimic ND filter but the resulting image yields such a tonal quality that is not present in just single images. The shadow noise is reduced quite a bit, depending on the number of images stacked and averaged. The Digital Filter is laggy but still useful.

Check these two links out: http://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/1403764. BTW, the Digital Filter replaces the Sky HDR. And this: http://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/1514495/0, not directly on topic but there are posts there that explain the process.

Nov 12, 2017 at 04:40 PM
scorpiom10
• •
p.11 #6 · p.11 #6 · So everyone is ditching the A7RII for A7RIII ???

Thanks for the links

Nov 12, 2017 at 05:11 PM
       end

FM Forums | Sony Forum | Join Upload & Sell

end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username     Reset password